Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Got the 1994 RMS up to 148mph last night. Solid at the top end. Factory springs with Monroe SS shocks work well to keep stable. Walk in the park....pretty good for a stock engine with just simple bolt-on stuff. Hard to beat for $4k I paid for it...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
This guy definitely is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Tom C.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hello, Got the 1994 RMS up to 148mph last night. Solid at the top end. Factory springs with Monroe SS shocks work well to keep stable. Walk in the park....pretty good for a stock engine with just simple bolt-on stuff. Hard to beat for $4k I paid for it...
Then I woke up!

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Keep that up and you will die, worse yet, kill someone else. Find a offroad track and show off your talent there, that is if you have any sense at all.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
This guy definitely is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Tom C.
In the words of Vince McMahon, "not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but is the most dangerous". And certainly dangerous with stunts like this, 145 mph in a super heavyweight car is impressive, but not worth the risk of human life trying it on regular streets.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
In the words of Vince McMahon, "not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but is the most dangerous". And certainly dangerous with stunts like this, 145 mph in a super heavyweight car is impressive, but not worth the risk of human life trying it on regular streets.

Not here to defend the guy but there is no mention of where he did this so how can anyone assume he wasn't at a track somewhere?

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
At night? These guys seldom ever go to an actual racetrack. Think your car's fast,bring it to Charlotte this July.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I bent a few speedo needles in my youth, also lost some friends and had to grow up. There is a lot of fun to be had driving at lower speeds, some of us learn that and some of us don't.

·
Registered
131 Posts
nothing like jumping down the throat of the new guy.
THAT will make people line right up to get involved in a forum.
not saying that you need to agree with what someone else did.
I am saying that how you say things (calling him names like "not the sharpest knife") has a huge impact. that's about as mature as driving that fast in the first place. just sayin

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
He's not quite that new....check his join date.

Still not a good idea to do that on public streets. Did the same as a kid and thought it was cool to peg the Nova speedo at the 120 MPH limit. But now that I'm older, I would still think its cool to do that. :).

Just not on the street, too much going on the streets anymore and too many critters that will take you and your car out in a nano second.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Yeah, I'm not gonna get on my high horse and say I have never drove like a maniac on public streets, but now that I'm older, I definitely wised up.

When I was 17 or 18 I had an old rickety 81 Camaro with a 400 small block packed full with me an 4 of my close friends. I buried the needle past 130mph on a two lane highway. It was a blast. But the next morning as I backed out of my driveway, the passenger side tie rod just fell out cwm3 Good thing that didn't happen at 130+ or I wouldn't be here to type this (not to mention 4 of my friends). At those kind of speeds, it doesn't take much to bite the dust.

·
Registered
131 Posts
He's not quite that new....check his join date.

Still not a good idea to do that on public streets. Did the same as a kid and thought it was cool to peg the Nova speedo at the 120 MPH limit. But now that I'm older, I would still think its cool to do that. :).

Just not on the street, too much going on the streets anymore and too many critters that will take you and your car out in a nano second.
definitely agree on the join date. kinda referring to how he had posted so seldom and maybe was just starting to come out of a shell kinda thing. maybe more of a new guy for the sake of not having jumped in much. not that I have much either........but......when I did......I did get guys breaking my stones as well. so this is not a new phenomena. Honestly, it was because of that incident, where I don't want to jump in much. it is because of that incident that i am jumping in now.

i would never condone speeds like that on public roads. I have spent a lot of time and money to make sure that my car is NHRA legal to that I can thrash it on a track. and I do. encouraging high speeds on public roads would be like encouraging your kids to go play in traffic.

my point was more of how it was handled. (calling someone "not the sharpest knife")
the epitome of it is, here we are trying to push for people to go to nationals. we will take a guy who does not post much and jump down his throat and (essentially) call him stupid. then, at the same time, say "hey, come to nationals." I am sure that what is going through his mind is "sure....and I can spend a whole week with people this NICE." "that makes me want to spend the $$ and blow a weeks vacation time."

in contrast, If i wanted to be so bold as to publicly chastise someone for driving that fast on a public road, I might have said something along the lines of:
Wow, glad that your car is running that well! Gotta be careful on the road with that though. Not just safety but the police too.
Difference between making an intelligent point (safety and police) and saying your "stupid" and walking away.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
definitely agree on the join date. kinda referring to how he had posted so seldom and maybe was just starting to come out of a shell kinda thing. maybe more of a new guy for the sake of not having jumped in much. not that I have much either........but......when I did......I did get guys breaking my stones as well. so this is not a new phenomena. Honestly, it was because of that incident, where I don't want to jump in much. it is because of that incident that i am jumping in now.

i would never condone speeds like that on public roads. I have spent a lot of time and money to make sure that my car is NHRA legal to that I can thrash it on a track. and I do. encouraging high speeds on public roads would be like encouraging your kids to go play in traffic.

my point was more of how it was handled. (calling someone "not the sharpest knife")
the epitome of it is, here we are trying to push for people to go to nationals. we will take a guy who does not post much and jump down his throat and (essentially) call him stupid. then, at the same time, say "hey, come to nationals." I am sure that what is going through his mind is "sure....and I can spend a whole week with people this NICE." "that makes me want to spend the $$ and blow a weeks vacation time."

in contrast, If i wanted to be so bold as to publicly chastise someone for driving that fast on a public road, I might have said something along the lines of:
Wow, glad that your car is running that well! Gotta be careful on the road with that though. Not just safety but the police too.
Difference between making an intelligent point (safety and police) and saying your "stupid" and walking away.

I hear ya and I agree. I always try to be respectful and feel that most members here do as well. But just like the people you meet in public, you are going to have some that have an opinion to share and go about sharing it in different ways.

I think this Forum is no different, many have an opinion to share and have their own "style". If I don't care for it, I just move on....or try to. :). I at least try not to take it personally and hope you or the OP don't see the message for how it was delivered, but more the message itself. We aren't all nasty old Coots with a grumpy opinion to share. :).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its all good. It was just for info purposes of Roadmaster owners. I don't take it too personel. People would not talk to me that way in person. Not for long anyway. It is just the nature of faceless forums..I have gotten alot of help on the internet with the car and I enjoy that.

Enjoy your cars how you see fit. If I chose to kill myself on an empty one-way bridge (not drawbridge :D) at 3am then so be it. I don't need some donkey pecker to tell me I am stupid...:confused:

That's the USA...different people doing different things...

Be cool and enjoy the B-bodies!!!

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
What do you have for mods?

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
You state I have no sense at all then you want to know from a dummy what mods he has? Now that's funny..cwm2...
You don't have any sense, and you just proved it. I'm thinking you don't have a RM, trolling is your vehicle. The official Bullshlt flag is up!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This "troll" will say goodbye now....So finish the thread with more stupid comments and feel good about yourself...you'll get what you deserve someday..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts