Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 9c1 with 80,000 miles on it and raiss style intake, desreened MAF, taylor wires, and ngk tr55 plugs. i went to the track for the first time and ran constant 15.7! doesnt that seem a little slow? shouldnt it at least be running low 15's?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what were the numbers for the whole timeslip? what were the conditions of the track, weather? how heavy is your car? lots of variables...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had similar mods plus 1.6:1 RRs and I did 15.0 @ 92Mph all day in warm but dry weather. However, I was slipping like mad and had 2.2 and higher 60' times on street tires. DRs and headers got me to 14.5 is hot humid weather.

Need to know your 60' time and 1/8 time and Mph.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I took my 96 9C1 to the track this is what it did.
15.21 et , 90.30 mph 1/4 mile
2.259 60'
9.793 et , 72.52 mph 1/8 mile

The temp was around 80 degrees with about 90% humidity. This is the with mods listed below.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 959c1:
i have a 95 9c1 with 80,000 miles on it and raiss style intake, desreened MAF, taylor wires, and ngk tr55 plugs. i went to the track for the first time and ran constant 15.7! doesnt that seem a little slow? shouldnt it at least be running low 15's?
Post your 60 foot time, your 1/8th mile time and MPH.

The last time I was at the track my best run was a 14.5 @ 92mph with a 2.2short time on tall street tires. (Their height changes teh gear ratio to about equal to 3.73s and stock tires.) The weather was crappy and the track was kinda slick. My best ET, MPH and 60ft is in my sig.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was getting fine traction. i had a half a tank of gas and spare tire. the track was real hot and humid.my 60' was 2.386. my 1/8 was 10.161.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by 959c1:
i was getting fine traction. i had a half a tank of gas and spare tire. the track was real hot and humid.my 60' was 2.386. my 1/8 was 10.161.
a 2.386 is NOT getting fine traction. sub 2.00's is getting decent traction. The heat and humidity kills et's. That alone will account for a few tenths. Getting a 2.0 60' time will cut 6 to 7 tenths of the et alone. Time for some sticky tires and suspension tweaks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I knocked off a best 60 of 2.29 with no slip. I have 2.93's and taller than stock wide wite walls at that time too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Got Bearings?:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 959c1:
a 2.386 is NOT getting fine traction. sub 2.00's is getting decent traction. The heat and humidity kills et's. That alone will account for a few tenths. Getting a 2.0 60' time will cut 6 to 7 tenths of the et alone. Time for some sticky tires and suspension tweaks. </font>[/QUOTE]HA, fat chance getting a 2.0 with the mods he has.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Woody LT1:
HA, fat chance getting a 2.0 with the mods he has.
You sure about that? I managed 2.1's consistently bone stock on street tires. I did get a few 2.0's on ET Streets, with similar mods that 959c1 has.

There is lotsa ET's to be found playing with the suspension.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My first time out I was getting consitent 2.35 60' times on street tires. My biggest problem that day was that I couldn't hook no matter what. I usually spun the tires thrugh 60'. I then got drags radials and ran consitent 2.10s with absolutely no slippage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hows your tranny shift? A slugish shift can make it slower. I know after my progamming my tranny was shifting so slow that it would hit the rev limmiter. I would guess there are other problems than that though. Are your cats clogged up maybe? Also is your custom intake working correctly? I think my wagon ran 15.4 stock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for sharing that. Makes me feel pretty good about my '93 TBI's 15.50 @87 !! ;) :D (cool, dry night)

For an LT1 motor, I'd wonder why your speed isn't a little bit higher. You only picked up 18 mph on second 1/8.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my tranny doesnt really shift that fast. it seems like off the line the car isnt as fast as it should be. it was running pretty warm when i ran it. the cooling fan had to turn on. i know i need a radiator flush. i dont know if that would make much of a difference or not.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.