Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a box that will fit in the trunk where the spare tire goes and still leave about half of the trunk for groceries lol....

Or maybe measurements and how to's if u built your own box for the 15' L7s?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Does anyone know a box that will fit in the trunk where the spare tire goes and still leave about half of the trunk for groceries lol....

Or maybe measurements and how to's if u built your own box for the 15' L7s?
No way you'll get enough airspace under the rear deck to port for two 15's.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I had ran 2 l7 15s since 06 until I finally got switched it up this year.

Its a ported wedge box I had made thats sits behind that false wall. I know it wasnt 'proper' airspace for 2 of those, but it did work for me. I do have the measurements somewhere from when I built a new box from the same dimensions. Ill post them up when I find them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks pretty good...just what I was looking for

Did it at least hit pretty good?
What did you switch it up to?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How big is port in the middle....

Man I looked up those 15s you posted and those are bad @$$ hell all u need is 1 at 4000 watts...I bet that hits better that 2 L7s....how's that sound?

What setup do u have with that.....maybe cheaper than running 2 L7s if I just go with one and probably better

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
How big is port in the middle....

Man I looked up those 15s you posted and those are bad @$$ hell all u need is 1 at 4000 watts...I bet that hits better that 2 L7s....how's that sound?

What setup do u have with that.....maybe cheaper than running 2 L7s if I just go with one and probably better
I dont remember the port size exactly, I know it was either 3 or 3.5 inch.
The BL 15 sounds much better than those 2 L7s. Most likely due to having a box built to manufacturers specs instead of just for looks.

Amp that was used for the L7s and the BL 15 is a soundstream rubicon 2500d.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I decided to go with a different setup and im selling my 2 L7s to the SP415s I posted above ↑↑↑↑↑

I dont know anything about hooking up audio or what exactly makes it work correctly..

All I know is I need a good ported box to the specs of the speaker....So with that said would anyone have any recommendations on a box build for these speakers or maybecan ddirect me to someone who can build me one for the trunk???

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What does your setup look like with your 2 BL15s...I'm having trouble finding a box for them...I keep hearing that it won't fit

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
What does your setup look like with your 2 BL15s...I'm having trouble finding a box for them...I keep hearing that it won't fit
I have only 1 15, not the 2. I bought 2 just because the guy was selling both for cheap. A box with those dimensions (with a 17 inch height) seems like it would fit 2 bl 15s, but most likely sound like ****.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Fi was behind on SP4's for a few months last time I heard.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have only 1 15, not the 2. I bought 2 just because the guy was selling both for cheap. A box with those dimensions (with a 17 inch height) seems like it would fit 2 bl 15s, but most likely sound like ****.
So with that one 15 are u using those dimensions and just porting the box on top?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea they told me it would tk about a month to rcv them....im just looking for real deep bass

1 - 15 of 15 Posts