Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 9c1
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been doing a lot of research on this topic but cant seem to find any pics of anyone with a 15" sub in the rear package tray. Does anyone know if I can fit a 15 in the rear deck ad still use the factory torsion bars for the trunk lid? any one have any box dimensions? I was looking into doing the air shock mods just in case, but if possible I would rather just use the stock torsion bars. A possible problem is that my woofer has an 11" diameter magnet.

I'm thinking of centering the woofer in the rear deck and using the 6x9 holes for the ports but I would love to see other peoples setups with a single ported 15 in the package tray. In particular how it looks from the trunk side and how you cut the rear deck and installed/mounted the box. I would like to be able to remove the box without destroying it. I don't want it to be obvious that there is a sub in the deck and so any ideas for a stock looking grill is highly welcomed I saw some good designs for 12's and 10's which i can probably adapt but pics of a "concealed" 15 would be great to see! I want to use the stock speaker grills to cover the ports but worry that the bass will destroy them. has anyone tried this before?

Lastly, i saw a post showing a few designs (2D sketches) of boxes (very similar to the second post in this thread SHOW YOUR TRUNKs) that work for rear deck blow through but I cant seem to find the exact post anymore. does anyone have the link or know what I am referring to?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1994 9c1
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. No one ever put a 15 in the package tray and took pics?

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
I have two 12s (and 6x9s) in the tray on my 71 Pontiac...

I think you're just going to have to get in there and get measuring.

·
Registered
1994 9c1
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have two 12s (and 6x9s) in the tray on my 71 Pontiac...

I think you're just going to have to get in there and get measuring.
I did some measuring and it seems very close. I would hate to cut things up and have it not work. Maybe I just need to sell my 15 and get 2 12's again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts