Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone see me having a problem spraying 150 dry shot through my motor? 383 forged eagle bottom end with H beam rods and 4 bolt mains. SRP 030 pistons flat top, 10:1 compression. 93 octane with a MSD digital 6 pulling about 6* of timing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
considering many of us have successfully sprayed more than that at a STOCK motor,i cant see any problems with what you have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
150 shot no problem !!! 150 dry Shot; I wouldn't do it .. I've been spraying 175 wet on a bone stock motor .. why would you want to go Dry?

Kenny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run the same 255 pump on a stock motor with a 150 shot. If I were you I would go with a wet system and a dedicated fuel system for the N2o. Better to be on the safe side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I was to put a 150 shot on a pretty much stock engine (10.1:1 CR). Could I still run Bryan Herters 93 octane tune or would I have to go back to the 87 tune and just use 93 octane?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by SSCaprice9c1:
If I was to put a 150 shot on a pretty much stock engine (10.1:1 CR). Could I still run Bryan Herters 93 octane tune or would I have to go back to the 87 tune and just use 93 octane?
As long as you pull timming via an ignition box the 93 tune will be fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i sprayed a 150 wet shot for 2 years, using a bottle a week. I had a stock motor, a herter 93 octane tune stock f/p, and ignition. I did have svo injectetrs and had the rev limiter mode to a unreachable rpm, so I dont lose fuel. no back fires, only tranny issues, lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Forwhat it's worth, I'd us a wet shot at 150, and maybe even a dedicated feed line for the fuel to be safe.

just my $.02

Bobo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a dedicated system for fuel and like it.
I just put a 62 jet in the fuel for setting the pressure and it didnt even set the FPSS switch off. I think I have enough fuel. That is above a 400 shot :eek: .
The pump will flow about 20 psi with an open -4 an line taken off the shark nozzle. More than enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.