Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone from wheel vintiques today. They told me the 42 series 15x10 truck rims (same style as the 15x8 suburbans, pickups) do not fit our car. He said the inside step will not clear the caliper.
So unless another forum member has tried these rims and they fit I would not recommend them to anyone.
Guess its back to widening my original ones.
Brett

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are the same style as the 15x8 sub wheels, he's wrong...partially. I have the sub wheels mounted and clearing the rear calipers easily. On the front, they hit a bit and will need a caliper "massage". The sub wheels have less of an inside step than say vette rallys. Of course unless they make 'em differently and they do not fit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by brettstoner:
I just got off the phone from wheel vintiques today. They told me the 42 series 15x10 truck rims (same style as the 15x8 suburbans, pickups) do not fit our car. He said the inside step will not clear the caliper.
So unless another forum member has tried these rims and they fit I would not recommend them to anyone.
Guess its back to widening my original ones.
Brett
I have a set of these in my garage...they will bolt up but with the correct backspacing for our car, as wheel vintiques mentioned, they will NOT clear the rear brakes. I tried very hard to find another solution other than having mine widened and I found no other solution.

I wasn't willing to take a big risk and so I weenied out!!!!

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used truck/sub wheels in the 15X10 size with the proper backspacing....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have proper b/s on my Centerlines fluted stars (15 x 10) but like mentioned above, the drop well design conflicts with the rear rotor. Had to 'massage' a little, add a spacer (to avoid grinding more than I'd like) but still not 'content'. The techs at the track would like to see more 'tread' from the studs which is from using the spacer.

I've seen and heard the horror stories of calipers snapping due to excessive 'massaging' and not comfortable grinding more than I've already have. I'm also thinking of stepping up to a 16" wheel but the cost from 15's to 16" hasn't made it that simple for me yet.

E<-----just wanna run a 15 x 10" drag wheel. :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a solution to this, we need a petition to get Weld to make a set of 15x10 5x5 bolt pattern wheels. They used to make them but stopped due to people putting the Draglites and Rodlites on pickup trucks.
If we could somehow convince them that everyone would sign a liability waiver and verify that it's going onto a B-body then maybe we could get them to make a small quantity of them.

I would KILL for a set of 15x10 Rodlites with 6.5" backspacing.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've called and left a VM for Danny at Weld - customer service manager.

I suggest you all do the same - 816-421-8040.

If ENOUGH call them they'll have to consider it.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by 4DRHTRD:
I've called and left a VM for Danny at Weld - customer service manager.

I suggest you all do the same - 816-421-8040.

If ENOUGH call them they'll have to consider it.
Just left him a v/mail. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The techs at the track would like to see more 'tread' from the studs which is from using the spacer.
ARP PN 100-7708, QTY 2. Will run you about $25 (for 10 studs).

Guarantee they are more than long enough ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by AutocroSSer:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The techs at the track would like to see more 'tread' from the studs which is from using the spacer.
ARP PN 100-7708, QTY 2. Will run you about $25 (for 10 studs).

Guarantee they are more than long enough ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]Thanks, E but what about when I have my everyday shoes on. You know, the Budnik's? Will the longer length studs be too long for the Budnik nuts?

E

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FYI

Ok, got a message from Danny @ Weld and he mentioned another style called the Rodlite XP that should fit our application. I looked at their website but it's not listed. He also confirmed that the Rodlites that Mike (4DRHTRD) has are discontinued and would take an overwhelming demand (200-300) people for it to come back.

E

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well dog-gone-it, had me 'popping a tent' thinking we've found the answer.
We'll see if I can find the specs on the Rodlite XP's and go from there.

E<---------still looking for a 15 x 10 drag wheel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just as well for some of us, I guess the sub wheels could be widened. Steel black front wheels and anything alu\chrome on the rear would look odd.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
E, call them back tomorrow and see if they'll do a 6" or 6.5" backspacing on the XP's in 15x10's in our bolt pattern.

Seth/Sam said they know someone to modify the Draglites to fit our car for $100 each.

Don't forget - Holeshot wheels will do a 15x10 and a front matching skinny but they're almost $300 a wheel.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.