Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, if they are from and 71-91 2wd Suburban, then they would be 5x5 (5x127). They could be either 15x8 or 15x10's, I believe you could get either.

4wd Suburbans used a 6 lug pattern and then after 91 all of them whent to 6 lug....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you will find the "burb" rims to be
15-7 or 15-8.

As for fitting with the tires you are planning would be apprehensive with the offset of the 15-8 rim.
Reason I say this is I used them for snow tires and even 225-7--15 were fairly close to the wheel opening trim.
Not saying they positively won't fit but if they do they are going to be very close.
Gerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Interesting note about the Sub years and bolt patterns...I'll have to check into that. It was stated as 5x5, but I'm not certain now. I'll probably pass since the price is somewhat high.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any 1/2-ton 2WD suburban between 1972 and 1998(?) will have 5 on 5" bolt circle. Earlier, Later, and 4WD models would have 6-lug, and 3/4 ton are 8-lug. If it was on a full-size Chevy truck, and has 5 lugs, it's 5 on 5".

Backspacing is the only thing you'd need to be concerned about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by seanu:
...and then after 91 all of them whent to 6 lug....
You sure about that? the 88-98 1/2-ton 2wd pickups still used 5 on 5, and I'm pretty sure the suburbans always kept the same chassis parts as the trucks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Derek..now you got me wondering.... :confused:

I know that the trucks changed body style in 88, and the burbs change body style in 92...maybe they stayed with the 5x5 until 98. I thought when they changed body style..they changed bolt pattern...but I've been wrong before. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
71-76 full size(b-body) cars/wagons also 5 x 5. and 2wd astros at least to 98 are 5 x 5 -i ran astro's wheels/snows on the green buick this past winter. everything(right now) I have is same bolt pattern so I can change wheels between em all like crazy!!! oooh wire wheels on the astro van, that would look funkadoozic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all the trucks that have 5 lugs are 5x5, the bolt pattern hasn't change since the 70's or earlier, on the 15x7 steel rims you can go with 275-60-15, and it won't rum on the fender lip, no if you used the 15x8 you will cut it close, i have now, 285-40-17 on the back of the wagon and have no problems at all.
a test and fit wit a 15x8 an 275-60-15 will have to be done, because of the 8 inch rim.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.