Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for some 17 inch drag radials. I'm running some 17x8 torqlites all the way around on some fuzion zr1 255-50's at the moment. Well the car with just bolt ons would absolutely kill the tires in 1st and 2nd no problem. This wasn't much a problem for the track because i had some 27 10.5 slicks, but i'm having to sell them to fund my engine build, which means more power, less traction with the 255's. Well my car with the 255-50's looks pretty damn good, the front sets right on the tire, no issues, looks great, same with the rear except i can go a little wider since i've got my fender flares molded in. Well in the drag radial category i don't have many options. pretty much a 275 40 or a 295 45. Well i really don't want to, actually WONT run the 275 because it's too short for me and would kill my gear. The 295's would be perfect, 27.2 tall (fuzions 27.1) 10.6 section width (not sure on the fuzions, just know it's wider), but the minimum recommended width is 9.5, would it be alright to run these on an 8 inch wheel? i have ran some 295's on 15x8 before didn't know if the diameter made any difference.
Here's a pic of what it looks like in the rear as is.

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
Why waste money on 17" DR's? Buy a pair of 15X8 truck ralley wheels and you'll have a better choice of tires.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly, i get tired of changing out tires for the track, and i want to be able to hook on the street too. Since i've had the car that's one thing it's NEVER been able to do. with a 4.56 gear i've never been able to hit it in 1st and it plant and take off, i've always had to try to keep it between the ditches. And i hate having to go from 40mph rolls for any street action.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.