Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the eagle alloy series 212 17X8 +12MM 5" B.S. for 148.00 ea

Am I better off with the 17 X 9.5?

stock springs right now should I run a
255 X 50 X 17 or Go for the 275 X 40 X 17??

Am I barking up the wrong tree altogether?
I mean should I just buy the series 221's
in a 20 X 9.5" on the 20's is the +14MM with 5.5" backspace the right size

second post here: Go easy On me :D
noramlly I wouldn't bother posting this but
I'm pretty much in a state of confusion
now that I've read the Archives

Edit: was wondering about the "Kuhmo deals'
also

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by Bow Tie Guy:
I found the eagle alloy series 212 17X8 +12MM 5" B.S. for 148.00 ea

Am I better off with the 17 X 9.5?

stock springs right now should I run a
255 X 50 X 17 or Go for the 275 X 40 X 17??

Am I barking up the wrong tree altogether?
I mean should I just buy the series 221's
in a 20 X 9.5" on the 20's is the +14MM with 5.5" backspace the right size

second post here: Go easy On me :D
noramlly I wouldn't bother posting this but
I'm pretty much in a state of confusion
now that I've read the Archives

Edit: was wondering about the "Kuhmo deals'
also
I have Eagle 221's, I thought abuot 212 but the 212 wheel is a lot heavier than the 221. I have 20 by 8 in the front 4.5 backspace 255/35 and the rear is 20 by 9.5 with 5.5 backspace in 275/35

Unless you plan on lowering I would stay with the 255/50 if you want to stay with 17 inchers, 275/40 to me needs to be lowered to look right.

If you do go with 17 inches I would just put 17 by 9.5 all the way around.

My car with the 20's and lowered:

My car with 17 by 9.5 all the way around and 255/50 and not lowered. (sold these wheels and tires this morning)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My front end is even lower now than in that picture as the front springs have settled now..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another post for dubs.. Traction gets a lot worse but ehh.. you cant really go wrong

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey STRTWYZ what kind of rims are do you have in the pic and what's the width? i like the look

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im surprise we havent had anyone in here yet, saying," Oh the ride will be so much worse",or anything like that, seems there is always a critic.

How i look at it, most people wont admit to liking showing off, but you got to admit there is a certain good feeling when someone, says "hey sweet rims". and if u like that feeling, it will happen a ton more with the 20s. hell most people outside of the b-body community wont even notice a change if you got with the 17s

So IMHO go with the 20s
go to my webstie cuSStom.com to see more examples of what some nice rims look like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kinda wondering what offset & backspace to get

still pondering 17's or 20's Too :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Fbiss20s:
Im surprise we havent had anyone in here yet, saying," Oh the ride will be so much worse",or anything like that, seems there is always a critic.

How i look at it, most people wont admit to liking showing off, but you got to admit there is a certain good feeling when someone, says "hey sweet rims". and if u like that feeling, it will happen a ton more with the 20s. hell most people outside of the b-body community wont even notice a change if you got with the 17s

So IMHO go with the 20s
go to my webstie cuSStom.com to see more examples of what some nice rims look like.
You're right... for the most part it has been a dub friendly thread :D

Im gonna be doin 20s very soon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh the ride will be so much worse",or anything like that, seems there is always a critic.
And that's a bad thing? Knowing what to expect before buying something is what the forum is all about. It's only human nature, but people who like something tend to gloss over the negatives, and people who dislike something tend to gloss over the positives. The truth is usually in the middle.

Which I think sums it up. If you want your wheels to be noticed more, get 20s. If it's the best performance compromise you are looking for, holding costs the same, get 17s.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Kevin Overall,
what kind of wheels are those on the SS in the bottom pic of your first post? Damn, those things look good.

I looked on your webpage, and you have them listed as Weld KT's, but I can't seem to find much on those...any good places to check them out?

Rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thos do look really good, how wide of a tire can I go with before I have to start cutting like you did? I would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks,
Rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
11" wheels will fit w/o modifying the frame.
Michelin makes a 315/30-18 now which would fit on 18x10's which are available through most of the billet wheel manufacturers.
Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.