Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anybody know how 18 inch niche bahns would look on an Impala? My friend is selling them, and says they look good on SS's. They look funny to me though! If anybody has these on their ride could they post a pic of them? Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dave Jackson in SoCal used to have a set of 20" Niche Bahns on his SS. They are a, umm, "unique" look. Some like them, but they weren't for me.

Dave has since sold them, and gone to 18" Torque Thrust IIs. Just my opinion, but the TT-II's look a LOT better.

------------------

Ed Runnion -- Santa Clara CA -- 96 BBB, Many Mods
[email protected]
www.runnion.net
ROD, HAIL, SoCalSS, ISSCA, NAISSO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When putting rims on a Imp you have to have one with a dish or dish effect to the rims for it to look good. A plate type rim like the Bahns dont cut it. WWW.superbuytires.com Look you up some rims and tire combo.Good luck

------------------

96BBB DJM 2" 3" drop springs/EnergySuspension components(all)/20"KMC STEALTH rims/Trenz billet grille & chrome bowtie/High polished inscriptions & LT1 logo on fender/Chrome pillar post/mirror tint/Clear corner & tail lights/High polished door sills,door bezel,window switch cover,lower bezel behind steering wheel,pedals,steering wheel,the whole console & shift knob,600 watt PPI sound system/Team SS intake with K&N & airfoil/hypertech program/Meziere pump/LT4 ESC/flowmasters with catdelete/B&M shift +/9c1 airdam/T-B bypass/ported MAF sensor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Markis414:
Hey does anybody know how 18 inch niche bahns would look on an Impala? My friend is selling them, and says they look good on SS's. They look funny to me though!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go with your gut man! "Funny" is an understatement. Rice? Yes. Big a** Chevy B Body? NOOOOOO! Ofcourse that is just my opinion.

>Paul

------------------
'95 BBB / ALL B-BODS ARE NICE BUT MINE WILL BE DIFFERENT.
coming soon to a car show near you.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no lip on a rim for the ss is a no no, torq thrust 2 the only way to go!

------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you guys don't like the Bahns I see. Hey bustn what kind of rims are those on your ride in your sig pic? Are those Torque Thrust II's? What do you guys think of these?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops didnt work. Here's the link Giovanna I'm considering the 18X9 inch size.

[This message has been edited by Markis414 (edited February 02, 2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Markis414:
Oops didnt work. Here's the link Giovanna I'm considering the 18X9 inch size.

[This message has been edited by Markis414 (edited February 02, 2001).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make sure they are the right backspace or you'll need to spend more jack on spacers.

------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a set of 20 inch Giovanna Berlins I'm selling in the for sale section. (need to drive in Mexico for work, can't afford to mess up nice wheels)I'm asking the same price as is average for a nice set of chrome 18s. Oh yeah, these have a deep dish design on them that looks great and also have a wider size in the back. If you want to see what they look like, (not to mention check out how much you would be saving) go to www.superbuytire.com and look for them. Anyone looking for some nice wheels should check 'em out!

------------------
96 BBB Impala SS. MTI 400HP head/cam package, headers, Borla exhaust, 3.42 gears, H&R 2" springs, 20" Giovanna Berlins, 2 TVs, DVD player, 2000 WATTS of MTX power, 4 12" Kicker L7 Solobarics

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Dave Jackson's car with the 20 inch Bahns. Courtesy of Yolanda's Photopoint album.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a lip is a must.......

1996 caprice ss on 20inch giovanna berlins
HOW CAN I PUT MY PIC?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
your pic has to be hosted. Then all you have to do, once it is hosted, is know the exact location of it. You type in

------------------
-Wade
94 SS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those rims look like they belong on a Mclauren F1
not an Impala, but thats just me.Take it for what its worth!

------------------
Shane Cobb
1996 DGGM SLP true ram air hood and airbox,S-10 torque converter, 3.73 gearset,LT4 ESC Module,Hypertech,Flowmaster catback,Moog Idler arm and centerlink,Buick Brace,Chromed stock rims,Cadillac Fleetwood carpet,GM Ventvisors,275-40 eagle GSC's.

[This message has been edited by RamAirImpala (edited February 06, 2001).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.