Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

car: *1988 caprice estate, light blue woody, dark blue inside.

miles: *? *reads 30k. *it's not 30, has to be 130 or 230. *with the way it runs/drives/pedal pad wear/seat wear i belive it is 130 and not *230k. *

307 olds engine

it has nice tight steering, good brakes, lots of new brake lines, and i drove it 90 miles the other day and it worked well, eats up the miles on the highway. *cruise and air work. *

it has rust bubbles around rear wheels, on RF fender, gas filler, small holes on rocker(s), but is generally a solid car for being 26 years old from northeast ohio. *tires good. *it still looks good from 20 feet. *front bumper filler is toast.

i had grand intentions of parking my truck in the winter and driving this, but due to the fact that i did not verify if it had rear shoulder harnesses prior to buying it, the lap only belts are not going to work for my 3 year old in his booster seat. *so i'm stuck with a car that i can't safely carry my kid in.

price $1000 cash, come get it. *drive it home. *drive it anywhere.

· Premium Member
153 Posts
I'm interested

You have a PM.

· Registered
955 Posts
I bought it in 2014. It was stolen in front of my house first week I had it. Found it the next week a few blocks away with the catalytic converter cut off and column stripped. Police didn't find it but I got a response to a CL ad saying lookout for the Dukakis bumper sticker. I fixed it and drove it until it blew a radiator hose and overheated and started getting horrible gas mileage. Sold in 2015 for what I paid to a dude who wanted to swap a motor into it.

For the record that was the slowest automobile I've ever owned. Still fun while it lasted.

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
I bought it in 2014. It was stolen in front of my house first week I had it. Found it the next week a few blocks away with the catalytic converter cut off and column stripped. Police didn't find it but I got a response to a CL ad saying lookout for the Dukakis bumper sticker. I fixed it and drove it until it blew a radiator hose and overheated and started getting horrible gas mileage. Sold in 2015 for what I paid to a dude who wanted to swap a motor into it.

For the record that was the slowest automobile I've ever owned. Still fun while it lasted.
Wow, thanks for the update! I bought it in 2007 from a classified ad in the local paper. I bought it off a realtor who found it in the original owner’s garage when he was settling his estate. It was my first car and I was stoked to find it. We nicknamed if Wheezy because it smoked and leaked oil and gas all of the place! But man, it was fun to drive. Slow. Very slow. But I felt cool driving it around town. If you have any info on where it might be today (long shot, I know) please let me know! I’d love to know if the swap happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.