Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the yard today, and spotted this 91 Caprice HVAC panel. I do not remember seeing one like it before.

I also found that some of the 91s had the driver's side window, and seat switches held to the panel with TORX screws instead of Phillips. They were all TORX, so I believe it came from the factory that way. Just a trivia quirk piece.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Fred,
That HVAC control was standard on 91 Caprice Classic.
The standard Caprice model did not have this.

As for the Torx/Phillips screws.Here's my thought.GM started producing the all new 91's in April of '90 at Willow run Mi plant.
They were also late in the 1990 box Caprice model run out of Arlington,etc...I think it would not be unusual to see a combination of carry over fasteners and a new style being phased in as production ended for 90 models and 91's ramped up.Good observation!

I've taken a couple pics from my 91 Caprice/Caprice Classic brochure of the HVAC info.
Take care,
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it worth pulling for resale?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, mom's 91 is a no-defrost car. It has always been in Florida. Can't imagine many no-defrost builds went North...
I have a '91 that came with no rear defrost and I live in northern Illinois. I have the window sticker and the car was originally sold up here. I have no clue why any dealer or person would order a car without it here.

I used a kit and added my own to the rear window.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts