Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang
The tranny in my OCC had a weak reverse when I got it, now (after filter/fluid change and addition of some Lucas & STP ) we now have "some" reverse. The old fluid wasnt burnt, and very little stuff in the bottom of the pan. The filter was kinda heavy, though. Goes forward great, shifts nice thru all gears, ya just dont wanna back out in front of anything ya aint afraid to park in front of.
Its not gonna be behind a high HP engine, just your basic stock 305 w/177,XXX+ on the clock for my (hopefully soon) everyday driver. Thanks for any and all info!

Larry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more than likley you have excessive clearance and or hardened seals in the low reverse clutch which will require and complete tear down to repair and i would suggest rebuilding the trans since you will have it completely apart , if your looking for a temporary fix try lucas or even transx , but it will be a temp fix and if it does fix it it will only prove im right about low reverse seals
megamax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Megamax
I take it you have a trans shop, since its in your nic.
It did sit for a few months after I got the car. What kind of $$ would we be talking in a overhaul? Would you happen to have a stock 700R4 in stock? How far are you from Daytona? Thanks!

Larry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Larry haven't you ever heard of mapquest.com. Davie is about 230+ miles south between Lauderdale and Miami.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rob
I know of Quest the cerial, Jonny Quest, his dog Bandit, his friends Hadji & Race Bannon, his dad Dr. Quest, the Quest for adventure, but didnt know about mapquest.
Now, go back to class, will ya! :D

Larry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NO! Now get that tranny fixed. I used Walt's up in Daytona to R&R the tranny in the grey beast. Give them a call and see what they say. The guy had a SS at one time and they had one up on the rack doing some mods when I picked up the grey beast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.