Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local guy around here has a 92 vette lt1 engine for sale for cheap and was wondering if the heads and intake are worth putting on my 94 SS. The engine was rebuilt but spun a bearing or something before they even got 500 miles on it.
Anyone know what the flow numbers are on these heads?

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
A local guy around here has a 92 vette lt1 engine for sale for cheap and was wondering if the heads and intake are worth putting on my 94 SS. The engine was rebuilt but spun a bearing or something before they even got 500 miles on it.
Anyone know what the flow numbers are on these heads?
The intake should be the same as your SS. I have heard the the stock iron heads flow better than stock aluminum heads. I assume that the Corvette heads are aluminium. Check the casting #. Some casting # are not good for port/polishing.

Maybe someone here can give a list of what casting numbers are good for building and which ones are now worth it.

Also IIRC those came with Magnesium Valve Covers. Can you get your hands on those too?

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
'92 heads will be good for porting. But no sense in putting them on as is. Intake is of no use to you; the fuel injector manifolding is different, plus it has no performance advantage over yours.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
The intake should be the same as your SS. I have heard the the stock iron heads flow better than stock aluminum heads. I assume that the Corvette heads are aluminium. Check the casting #. Some casting # are not good for port/polishing.

Maybe someone here can give a list of what casting numbers are good for building and which ones are now worth it.

Also IIRC those came with Magnesium Valve Covers. Can you get your hands on those too?
The intake is different. The 92-93 LT1 intake doesn't have the angled cross over position for the fuel rails towards the front that the 94-97 has, so his b-body fuel rails won't fit.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
The intake is different. The 92-93 LT1 intake doesn't have the angled cross over position for the fuel rails towards the front that the 94-97 has, so his b-body fuel rails won't fit.
Good to know, Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts