Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite finished, but it works. Fired it up today and made sure the clutch and everything work. So far so good. Gotta put the interior back together after I do some more work on the trans tunnel, and then put the front fender back on and button things up.

Out with the old

Virgin floors

Three pedals

Fitting up the bellhousing and trans. Put in a new rear main while I was in there.

Spec Stage 3 clutch, lightweight billet flywheel

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Power Tower by Pro 5.0

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trans is in!

Extended the frame rail slightly

Gotta do a tad bit more work to the tunnel to make it looks pretty and get it up to my specs, but it's getting there!

· Registered
880 Posts
That's pretty rockin'! :)

Way to go!

Get ready for the permagrin!

· Registered
116 Posts
Your car also has nice looking floors.

· Registered
92 Posts
Dumb Q, but with a manual transmission, when you are on a steep hill, wouldnt you have to be REALLY quick with the foot off the brake and onto the throttle and clutch to stop it rolling back?

Unless, you also put a modified proper handbrake handle in, beside the shifter?

· Premium Member
584 Posts
Dumb Q, but with a manual transmission, when you are on a steep hill, wouldnt you have to be REALLY quick with the foot off the brake and onto the throttle and clutch to stop it rolling back?

No offense, but people have been driving manual transmissions for decades without that set up and no problem. Just heel and toe it!!

Sean

· Registered
92 Posts
Oh yeah.....DUH me.:p

· Administrator
3,343 Posts
with a manual transmission, when you are on a steep hill, wouldnt you have to be REALLY quick with the foot off the brake and onto the throttle and clutch to stop it rolling back?
You leave your foot on the brake while you slowly let the clutch out. Then, give it gas.

Oh, nice install. Did you leave the cats in?

· Registered
3,115 Posts

If you can drive a stick you wont have a problem.

Big rigs are sticks too cwm3

· Registered
880 Posts
Wait... People drive manual tranny's while using a handbrake to prevent rollbacks??? Really???

I've never heard of such a thing.

Just move your feet fast enough, or like Jay said, let the clutch out while our right foot is still lightly on the brake, and you'll be fine. ;)

· Registered
1,824 Posts
Or use that fancy button on the shifter for the line lock. ;) The town I live it, to leave the beach, you have to go up a steep turning hill on one side(you have right of way), but the other side, there is another steep hill with a Yield sign at the top. It might as well be a stop sign, but people behind you will basically hook on, thinking you are not going to stop. I was 16, and used to take my dads stick cars down there all the time... Never once had a problem with rolling back. To give you an idea how steep it is, my 96 9C1 with the high stall used to slowly roll backwards at this stop sign.

· Registered
581 Posts
Its usually worth it to roll back just a little when someone is right on your bumper at a stop anyway. A 4500lb car advancing toward them is a pretty good reminder to not do that anymore.

· Registered
107 Posts
Cant wait to see it finished...

· Registered
1,052 Posts
is there anything done to the engine and since you were down there with the trans and flywheel off did you get a chance to pop out the old rear main seal as in one of the pics it looks like it was weeping pretty badly? would suck to hear that you didnt hope its not to bad of a leak or else be prepared to saturate your clutch disc in worn old oil coming out of the rear main.

good luck

do you have anything done to the engine of your RMS like heads and cam ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.