Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I decided to tackle the issue of my windshield wipers not functioning in the rain, and I think I found the issue, but I have a question about where the wiring harness should be positioned in the engine bay. (Please click the link to view the pictures insert image isn't working for me.) https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8D4EAADC35B0BAF0!113721&authkey=!ADg3v6Egw6byRAA&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg So while poking around I pulled on the plug that goes into that sensor in the air filter box, and my wipers came on and worked proper. but my question is where dose this clip go? https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8D4EAADC35B0BAF0!113722&authkey=!AEo4CFm_gWaIXsk&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

I cannot seem to find a place for this thing to go, and as you can see my wiring harness is laying directly on the engine, which looks like bad news to me. If anybody can help me with this I would appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
I just went out and looked at mine. You're OK,:smile2: mine is positioned exactly as yours is.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that makes me feel a little better, but I've had to pull mine out of that position and use the plastic clip to hold the harness off the valve cover, to make my wipers work. I hope I don't need a new harness :O

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Well that makes me feel a little better, but I've had to pull mine out of that position and use the plastic clip to hold the harness off the valve cover, to make my wipers work. I hope I don't need a new harness :O
Could it be mice? I had to repair a ground connection because a mouse chewed the wire, I couldn't start my car. All you may have to do is a little S&S. Search & Splice. If moving it makes them work them it might only be a loose connection. :grin2:
Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt it to be any mice. I've had this problem for a few years now. But I never investigated it much until today. I think my wires are just wearing out. This car has been driven almost every day since it was built, so it makes sense that the wires would start to wear out after all that use.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
The wires do not wear out. It is either a bad connection, or a broken wire. Find the poor connection, and splice it with a weatherproof crimp splice. GM wires do not solder well, so the crimp splice is the best method of making continuity.

·
Registered
171 Posts
How has this gone? Did you get it resolved?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not been able to get this fixed. I did have my mechanic take a look, but of course it wouldn't do it for him...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts