Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1994 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 Custom- LT1 Engine

98,000 Miles. This was a former fire department car that has been customized. It has front and rear sway bars and heavy duty green hoses. The car runs good. The only mechanical issues are that the A/C needs to be charged. Also, the transmission slips slightly when the car is cold and slightly when turning.

The interior has been upgraded to look like a 1996 Impala SS. Front and rear Impala SS leather seats were installed along with a 1996 floor console and shifter. The interior was originally blue and it has been partially converted to black. A black carpet has been installed and the front door panels have been painted black. The rear door panels and some of the plastic trim is still dark blue. Also, the driver’s rear door panels, kick panels, and the skinny molding over the rear wheelwells need to be installed. All the interior moldings go with the car. A custom dash cluster has been installed (pictured).

There are two 600 Rockford Fosgate amps installed in the trunk along with 2 12 inch Kenwood Subwoofers.

The following So Cal Street Trends body parts have been installed: Front bumper cover, rear bumper cover, rear spoiler, billet grill. 1996 Impala style rearview mirrors have been installed along with 1996 style rear quarter windows. 20 inch chrome wheels with new tires.

The paint is not show worthy but is good for a driver. There is bodywork showing through where they covered up the old rear quarter window.

$6,200 OBO

Please ask any questions, I can email more pictures if needed, located in Long Island, NY. Thanks for looking.
[email protected]

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
A "little steep"? With a bad trans and A/C and poor body work, it a "lot steep".
i was trying to be kind.thats it go right for the nuts!

· Registered
1,189 Posts
no offense to the seller but there should be some sort of a waiting period before one can start posting stuff for sale, seams like weve been getting tons of folks joining only looking to make a sale........just a thought

· Registered
358 Posts
From that picture, it's a darn nice looking car. Transmission symptoms indicate that the clutchs are nearly gone -- had the exact same things on my old transmission and it wasn't long before the 1-2 shift got really bad. It's unfortunate that all that work and nice mods doesn't transfer into selling power, but that's the way life is. You pay to personalize the car, not to expect a higher resale value. Honestly, the car is probably worth maybe $4,000 but an enthusiast who wants the same mods might pay up to $5,000. That's if the rest of the car looks as good as the first picture.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow tough crowd here. A few thoughts for you guys.

1. I am a Mopar guy (own 71 Challenger, 71 GTX) & I don't follow these cars. Just trying helping someone sell their car.

2. There may be a learning curve for me to figure out what the market for Caprices/ 9C1's/ Impalas is, so please forgive me. You can always lower a price, but you can't raise it.

3. I think the suggestion that people have a minimum # of posts before being allowed to put a classified up is foolish. The more active a classified section, the more users the forum will attract. That brings more knowledgeable people to the forum and more cars/ parts to choose from (and a nice alternative to ebay!).

4. I saw another 94 9C1 with more mileage & basically stock except for rims sell for $5200 on ebay. I figured that would be a good point of reference since I consider this car nicer.

5. The price is OBO, that means or best offer. A serious buyer shouldn't be shy. Obviously its not a $2k car but I'm definetly open to reasonable offers.

Raxstone: Thanks for the constructive criticism. That was very helpful insight for me to wrap my head around what the market is for these cars.

Thanks!

· Registered
231 Posts
If you have more pics, you should probably post them here. It's difficult to determine value just based on words. And, people don't want to e-mail about a car they're not sure about. I don't have the LT1, but I paid $1500 for mine, and that's my only point of reference. Anyway, the more pics, the better.

· Registered
1,189 Posts
Wow tough crowd here.
it might seam that way but please beleave there are far more worse on here than us. that have replied.

reason i bring up having history with the forum before you start wanting to sell things is we dont know you or the car and from what i read in your last post the car isnt even yours, it already has problems and your not a b-body guy, the chances that your selling a lemon or might not be so truthfull are a bit higher than a regular member with history.( not to say your lying or trying to pull one over on us) but one never knows?

sence your sale is up and going i would suggest looking thu the other cars for sale and comparing prices to what your asking seriously there a far more cheaper cars in better running condition and modded for what your starting asking price is. either way good luck with the sale.mabe if you look around and see what we got going here we can convert you to one of uscwm5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.