Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I have a '95 9c1. I replaced the original blown trans with a good one from a 1995 Buick Roadmaster. After I installed it I noticed that it would not go into second gear by itself, but only when I'd let my foot off the gas then it goes right into second gear. Without fail as soon as my foot comes off the gas pedal it changes. I was wondering if maybe there was something I forgot to adjust when I re-installed the engine and transmission or something like that? Maybe even something slightly different on the trans that came out of the '95 Roadmaster? Forgot to mention it has its original '95 9c1 pcm, maybe there's an issue where the computer recognize the donor trans? I don't know.

Video link:

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Can you get the computer from the RM? You might try installing it to see if there is a difference.

·
Premium Member
20,398 Posts
Hey guys. I have a '95 9c1. I replaced the original blown trans with a good one from a 1995 Buick Roadmaster. After I installed it I noticed that it would not go into second gear by itself, but only when I'd let my foot off the gas then it goes right into second gear. Without fail as soon as my foot comes off the gas pedal it changes. I was wondering if maybe there was something I forgot to adjust when I re-installed the engine and transmission or something like that? Maybe even something slightly different on the trans that came out of the '95 Roadmaster? Forgot to mention it has its original '95 9c1 pcm, maybe there's an issue where the computer recognize the donor trans? I don't know.
How do you know.....for sure.....that the replacement trans was 'good' when it was installed.

How do you know for sure you're having issues shifting into 2nd gear and not 3rd gear?

My guess is that you're having slippage shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear.......and that your 3/4 cluck pack is burnt and worn out.

4l60e Transmission Common Problems | CPT 4l60e

KW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts