Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am back! This time with a 95 caprice wagon "SS". So I noticed the other day idleing that the car was starting to run HOT and continued until the temp was into the red, the cooling fans NEVER kicked on 0.o

So I first off removed the plug to the front temp sensor on the water pump so the car would go into open loop and turn on both fans, which it did. My question is guys where should I start to try and find my problem? Coolant level is perfect no air in the system. There is however one thing I have noticed, and that is the car has a Bypass pulley for the Air Conditioning. Could this have something to do with the fans not responding? The wires are just laying there from where the A/C compressor was at.

·
Registered
884 Posts
sounds like coolant temp sensor is bad ,get an ohm check on it

here is info I got on standard motor production

T-Series; Thread Size - NPT: 3/8" - 18 Thread; Blade Terminals; Terminal Gender: Male; Temperature Rating: 1305 Ohms @ 100 Deg. F, 61.9 Ohms @ 245 Deg. F
take it out from water pump,plug it at water pump

drop it in water ,ohm check it at different water temp,see if respond correctly

you may get away with cleaning it up,if that dose not work, new one is about 15 to 22 $

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like coolant temp sensor is bad ,get an ohm check on it

here is info I got on standard motor production

T-Series; Thread Size - NPT: 3/8" - 18 Thread; Blade Terminals; Terminal Gender: Male; Temperature Rating: 1305 Ohms @ 100 Deg. F, 61.9 Ohms @ 245 Deg. F
take it out from water pump,plug it at water pump

drop it in water ,ohm check it at different water temp,see if respond correctly

you may get away with cleaning it up,if that dose not work, new one is about 15 to 22 $

awesome info I was going to ask what my Ohms values where for the sensor! thanks a ton I will repost to let you know how it goes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts