Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i first start the car it idles real rough and you can here it sucking air...if i give it some gas and hold it to higher RPM a few seconds i can let of the gas and it idles fine...it runs and drives fine after that....it almost starts up like a cold carburetor motor. This is after replacing opti, opti harness, cap, rotor, coil, plugs, wires, MAP sensor, and MAF sensor wire harness and pigtail. The only other thing i can think would be maybe the Mass Airflow Sensor. I am not familiar how the engine should run with this sensor being bad.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i took off the ground on the battery for half hour....rechecked the codes....got a code for a throttle position sensor....i unplugged the throttle position sensor and started it up....runs great now just higher idle....so im assuming i have a bad TPS

·
Registered
282 Posts
Do you have your IAT sensor hooked up to the silicone adaptor? Also try cleaning your maf with some electronics cleaner and see how that goes.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sounds like TPS. Don't be tempted by the cheap ones on ebay! Go to the parts store and spend the few bucks extra believe me ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well guess what...the mechanic at the shop used the incorrect firing order ...the drivers side had 2 wires in the wrong position on the opti....i swapped them out to the correct position....cars sounds normal now...its about 95% perfect again..still has an odd idle but you can here the cylinders are all firing correctly now.....i guess next time ill just do it my self....i went with a shop with a good name only with intentions of not sweating my ass off in 100+ degree temps and so i could just get it fixed and drive it again......lesson learned i guess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts