Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I recently posted I needed help installing my cold air intake and all the leads for it which I got done thanks to everyone here.

So again I bought the car In I believe in 07 had the engine torn apart by a mechanic to find the vin derivative to prove its low miles compared to actual odometer miles, and he took off on me, and it was garaged up until 2 years ago when a mechanic helped me put it back together. When I drove it home it had no Mass air Sensor or anything connected for an air intake and the car seamed like it was in limp mode slipping and it didn't have any problems when I bought it and drove it last which was a 5 hour drive. So I connected all the air intake things and still the same thing.

I used a Snap On Solus Pro ODB1 adapter and pulled these codes, and I also deleted and tried again and these are all the codes that are coming up, which just seem ridiculous on how many there are. Also there seems to be steam coming from the trans dip stick due to the over work of the trans in limp mode.

11 Malfunction Indicator Lamp Fault

16 Low Resolution Pulse Failure

18 Mass Air Flow System Failure

25 Manifold Temperature Too High

26 EVAP Purge Control Circuit Fault

27 EGR Electrical Fault

32 EGR System Problem

41 Mass Air Flow System Failure

42 EGR System Problem

43 ESC Module Or Sensor Circuit Problem

44 Left Oxygen Sensor Too Lean

48 Mass Air Flow System Failure

52 Oil Temperature Sensor Or Circuit Too Low

55 Fuel System Lean

61 A/C Compressor Fault

62 Oil Temperature Sensor Or Circuit Too High

63 Right Oxygen Sensor Or Circuit

64 Right Oxygen Sensor Too Lean

65 Right Oxygen Sensor Too Rich

66 A/C Pressure Sensor/ Circuit Problem

67 A/C Pressure Sensor Circuit Fault

68 A/C Relay Shorted

69 A/C Clutch Circuit Open

83 Torque Converter Quad Driver Module

84 3-2 Downshift Feedback Fault

85 TCC Stuck On

I'm pretty good at diagnosing issues but I don't know about this one, is something unplugged, did the computer go bad, idk? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm pretty good at diagnosing issues but I don't know about this one, is something unplugged, did the computer go bad, idk? Any help would be great.
Maybe some one with more patience can help but I have too many simple questions.

Does your check engine (MIL) light work?
Is your MAF wired correct?
Is your EVAP connected?
Is your EGR connected?
Are your O2s connected?
Is your A/C charged?

A total guess would be harness damage.
Transmission and O2s in one harness and oil, MAF, and temp sensors are the engine harness.

These cars require work not guessing so get out the ohm meter and see if you have the right plug end going to the correct PCM pin.

If you do not have a FSM try:

Goldswagon

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To Z09B4U

Does your check engine (MIL) light work?
Yes

Is your MAF wired correct?
It just has an added extension piece that was included with the CAI.

Is your EVAP connected?
Is your EGR connected?
Are your O2s connected?
When the first guy ripped up the engine I was with him, he took off everything to see the vin derivative and since everything was torn apart I bought a new double roller timing chain, opti-spark, MSD Distributor, custom headers and he got to the headers and chain and stopped there.

He had 2 engine mounts removed and the engine raised up, and basically all the passenger fender wall that holds the fuse box and forgot what else off plus the upper intake, he threw out all of my air intake stuff including the MAF, (Which I have no idea why) but I don't remember wiring being cut or damaged. And wiring is my worst nightmare.

I do remember all of these these items being connected when the recent mechanic put it back together. I don't see any loose wires or connections in the engine bay besides my air pump that's been deleted.

Is your A/C charged?
I just wanted to list all my codes, but this is the least of my concerns.

A total guess would be harness damage.

Transmission and O2s in one harness and oil, MAF, and temp sensors are the engine harness.
Again not great at wiring issues I'll take a look under the car.

See if you have the right plug end going to the correct PCM pin.
What do you mean by right plug end going to the correct PCM pin? Are there incorrect ways to plug it in where it still fits? This could be it if so.

·
Registered
911 Posts
What do you mean by right plug end going to the correct PCM pin? Are there incorrect ways to plug it in where it still fits? This could be it if so.

Connectors should fit only one way. There should not be any connector on a stock harness that could reach a wrong connector.

Again not great at wiring issues I'll take a look under the car.

There are many ways to trouble shoot wiring. One is to check for voltage at the correct pin in a connector. When someone says they are not good with wiring I always suggest ohm meter checks from one end of the wire to the other with both ends disconnected from the car. As you are getting some codes that suggest directly or indirectly wires shorted together you would also check if wires were some how making a connection that should not.

One example would be a temperature sensor circuit. From the PCM you find a good wire path to the sensor plug. But you may also find that this wire is (wrongly) connecting a ground or power pin.(this is a example not a exact test for your car).

You are asking this forum to comment on trouble codes that are listed in the factory service manual.(FSM) Each code has one to ten or more pages dedicated to trouble shooting diagnostic charts. I am sure most of us like to help, but if you do not have a FSM it is a lot to ask of us to guide you through pages of check lists when you should own the FSM and do the checks first.

Basic checks would include checking each connector for correct signals at each plug. Does it get the +12volt, +5v, or ground it needs? Does it sent a good signal back to the PCM or is that wire shorted to power or ground.

·
Registered
911 Posts
DTC 11

"If other DCTs are displayed along with DCT 11, repair other DCTs first, then restart at the beginning of this chart"

Does the Snap On Solus Pro do live data on the LT1? You could see if the data is maxed out or zero on some of the sensors. You would also know under what condition the OPTI signal is dropping out.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Looking over your DCT codes I think there is a common theme.

You may not have a good ground to the four grounds on the PCM. So you should start with a common problem. The grounds that bolt to the drivers side head. It is the stud by the ignition coil and the ICM. The ring terminals need to be clean as well as the stud and metal in contact with it.

Several of your DTCs contradict each other so I think a intermittent issue with ground or power to the PCM would be a good place to start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts