Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a part number or the correct info on front coil springs for my 1995 impala. Im due for new coil springs on the front and was wanting the ride height to be and inch higher than the normal impala ride height. I have been told 9C1 springs are the way to go. Which year model 9C1? and can anyone advise the MOOG part number for them.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
9c1 springs=2" rise over Impala

Regular Caprice springs will raise you 1" over stock Impala springs and 9C1 springs will raise you 2" over stock Impala springs. That was when they were new and all of the springs were low mileage. If your Impala has a ton of mileage and you swap in fresh springs, you may end up an inch higher as is.

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regular Caprice springs will raise you 1" over stock Impala springs and 9C1 springs will raise you 2" over stock Impala springs. That was when they were new and all of the springs were low mileage. If your Impala has a ton of mileage and you swap in fresh springs, you may end up an inch higher as is.

Jim
Yes it has a ton of miles. I might try the impala springs and see how they look first. Thanks Jim

·
Registered
796 Posts
Searching for stock part numbers now for my '95. One of my rear springs seems easier to compress than the other (rear sags to passenger side). Let's see what the "search" button turns up. ;)

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts
Search for "MOOG springs".

Stock Impala springs went the way of the dinosaur, YEARS ago.....

KW

·
Registered
796 Posts
Search for "MOOG springs".

Stock Impala springs went the way of the dinosaur, YEARS ago.....

KW
Been online with distributors. Got the MOOG tech support number. Finely, got a break from work, and am about to call em up. I did get ahold of StreetTrends, as they have something listed on their site. Waiting on a "call back" from them as well.

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts
.........I did get ahold of StreetTrends, as they have something listed on their site. Waiting on a "call back" from them as well.
Yep.....I forgot about StreetTrends. I'm fairly sure that their springs are MOOG. But in my experience, StreetTrends has always been reliable with their service and their products.....so they'd be a good way to go.

KW

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well, placed my order with Street Trends for the rear springs. Paid the high price of the product, as well as the high shipping price to drop ship direct from "the manufacturer". All this, only to come home to see one of the springs had a part number tab affixed to the spring! Sumb÷×#h!!!!!!! Sorry to hijack, but I'm sure my front springs have a tab on them too. Will have to look though...

Oh well.... se la vi! Stance was perfect on driver side. Look closely, and you'll see which one was on the passenger side. My loss is someone else's gain. Here ya go... for the record books!!!

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts
......All this, only to come home to see one of the springs had a part number tab affixed to the spring! Sumb÷×#h!!!!!!!.....
Doesn't much matter. You go to a GM Dealer with the part number and you'll find that the part is discontinued AND unavailable. :(

Pretty much been the theme for several years.

KW

·
Registered
796 Posts
Doesn't much matter. You go to a GM Dealer with the part number and you'll find that the part is discontinued AND unavailable. :(

Pretty much been the theme for several years.

KW
So, I've rediscovered that. Been searching old threads. Figured I'd post a pic of what I pulled off my "stock" car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts