Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forum, I have a 1995 impala SS and would like to replace the suspension with stock parts.

I can find either KYB or Bilstein shocks off eBay and get them shipped to me ( as I am from England ) however the coil springs seem to be difficult to find, can anyone supply me with part numbers for the front and rear coils or recommend a company?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Hotchkis , and/or Eibach are the most popular choices. Either is fine...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi new to the forum, I have a 1995 impala SS and would like to replace the suspension with stock parts.

I can find either KYB or Bilstein shocks off eBay and get them shipped to me ( as I am from England ) however the coil springs seem to be difficult to find, can anyone supply me with part numbers for the front and rear coils or recommend a company?

thanks in advance.
I can recommend the MOOG 7268 front springs. These springs are nearly the same height as the stock height.
Inner Diameter: 4" (101.6mm)
Spring Rate: 748 lbs/inch
Free Height: 13.72" (348.49mm)
Bar Diameter: 0.78" (19.81mm)
Installation Height: 11.27" (286.26mm)
Load: 1888 lbs
End Type Spring 1: Squared
End Type Spring 2: Tangential
Type: Constant Spring Rate

Rear springs, TrueCoil from Speedway motors. I personally like the 200lbs rate spring.

Michael

·
Registered
134 Posts
I put the Moog 7268 springs and Bilstien shocks in the front of my 96 SS. I re-used the stock rear coil springs with Bilstien shocks. The car rides firmer now than the old, worn suspension. The ride height is the same as before. The other spring kits will lower the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts