Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys ive been looking for an impala for a while. im going to look at one today but it has been wrecked in the front and the rear. the guys say it can be fixed for $1300. hes asking $3500 for the car as is. he says it run and drives fine. has 110k miles. what should i look for when inspecting? is it a good deal? will take pic when i get the call to go look at it and post later.
any suggestions/advice??????

·
Registered
772 Posts
make sure it says wx3 check for salvage title, and see if you think hes lieing..... also tell him a dggm impala on craigslist with only motor problems just sold for $1500 NO BODY DAMAGE... tell him to come down to earth w his price lol

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
make sure it says wx3 check for salvage title, and see if you think hes lieing..... also tell him a dggm impala on craigslist with only motor problems just sold for $1500 NO BODY DAMAGE... tell him to come down to earth w his price lol
Yup. I don't care how nice it was before the crash. I pick up front end wrecked Impalas for $2000 all day long.

Doug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looked at it today

went by the guys house and looked at the car. the front was bad need core support hood bumper. the rear however looked very bad to me. once we got the car started (dead battery) it ran good for a minute but started to die every few minutes CEL was on also. the guy called him about fixing the car while i was there and he told me $300 also but ive never seen his work dont want no patch job. so im going to pass on it. he says if it dont sell hes going to fix it and sell it for about $6000.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
I would tell that guy good luck with the sale, if he can half ass it back together for that little good on him, if it needs a core support and hood the front fenders are probably bent as well, any sign of the rear damage?

Here is the pricing that I would say for fixing it and this is low balling it

- front sheet metal recycled will cost about 800 to 900 bucks
-core support china knockoff probably 100 bucks
- new radiator 150-250
- paint and body work at least 1K if it is a good shop and they use good products and labor or less if you get a front clip with matching paint.

As you can see I haven't even tried attacking the price to fix the rear and it is way past what he says.

Dud is a crook trying to get something from nothing.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
went by the guys house and looked at the car. the front was bad need core support hood bumper. the rear however looked very bad to me. once we got the car started (dead battery) it ran good for a minute but started to die every few minutes CEL was on also. the guy called him about fixing the car while i was there and he told me $300 also but ive never seen his work dont want no patch job. so im going to pass on it. he says if it dont sell hes going to fix it and sell it for about $6000.
he is full of ****.....just a goood paint job on these cars are like 2,000

LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts