Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1996 LT1 B4U Caprice

Bought this car off a buddy a few years ago with the idea that my oldest stepson would drive it to school, etc. He's now about to start his third year of college and still doesn't like cars or driving. I've known the car since about 2004, helping my buddy with maintenance, etc.

It is in pretty good mechanical shape, runs strong, shifts smooth, cold AC, almost everything works, etc. There's some rust underneath. I wouldn't really consider it worthy of being made into a clone. It is a great engine swap donor as it is totally complete and running, quite well, not like a junkyard engine you can't actually start and likely missing some sensor or little bracket or bolt or something.

Known broken/bad things:
power antenna
end caps on one rear door pull
seat belt buckle plastic cover, drivers side, is broken
drivers door got slightly mushed in a parallel parking oops while my stepson was practicing for his drivers test.

Interior is grey cloth and one hundred percent intact except as noted above. No cracks or broken parts. Even the dash pad has no cracks, etc., but it is discolored.

117K miles on original engine and trans.

LT1 is great, Mobil 1 synthetic only since 2004, stock except a K&N cone, 160 stat, and a frankenstein exhaust (muffler delete to flowmaster resonators), stock program.

Trans is fine, shifts smoothly, no issues.

stock 2.93 posi rear still posi's perfectly.

Although the brakes are in good shape, the ABS light is on some of the time due to the sensor on one front wheel being intermittent. ABS works when sensor works.

PM your cell number if you want other pictures/closeups/etc.

$900/best offer. When I look at parts being offered up for sale here, including engines complete with trans and PCM, this price seems reasonable. That said, not getting much response....if you think the price is out of line, tell me why.

/Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
GLWS.

I see a trailer hitch on there.
I have heard you can get much $$$ for those if you parted that part out.
-ALF out...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts