Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clean lookin custom 96 !
bump for a real nice car wish i had the cash. GLWS
Thanks a lot fellas. I love the car but anyone starting a family understands that you have to sacrifice. I want to sell it to someone who will enjoy it as much as I have, and still am, until it goes.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks real good! but are the front seats broke? the backs are sitting in the back seat?
LOL Heck NO! I did that because I was leaning in the front seat to take pictures so I reclined it. The interior is as close to perfect as you can get.

I would have definitely posted if there was a problem like that and I'm a stand up guy so I'll be truthful with any potential buyer. I posted pictures of any exterior defects that I found. The front right of the bumper has some scratches, the rear passenger quarter panel has an indent, and the drivers side has some scratches by the bottom of the doors. Anything else isn't really major.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cleanest interior I've seen since G-Man's car.
Thanks! I appreciate the compliments. I love the interior. I always re-thing the idea of selling the car every time I drive it.

I've gotten some interest locally but the fact that it's not CA smog legal has posed an issue deterring the sale so if I don't get a buyer in the next few weeks who isn't worried about it I'm going to have to put the stock manifolds and cats back on or switch to something CA legal. The stock stuff will come with the car anyways.

· Registered
3 Posts
Nice ride if i could get rid of my 84 elky id have this car. also pm me i can help your smog problem.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can only hope theres one this nice when Im ready to buy. Exactly how I would have done it if I had the funds.

Beautiful car!
Nice ride if i could get rid of my 84 elky id have this car. also pm me i can help your smog problem.
Thanks a lot guys! Someone is going to really enjoy this car.

Dave, I sent you a PM. I haven't had a problem with smogging the car myself but it's pushed a few potential buyers off because they're worried about it. That's why I'm considering going back to smog legal.

· Premium Member
875 Posts
Ya I think smog legal would definitely help your sale, though it didn't detour me one bit from buying my car. But "i know a guy that knows a guy"

IMO Southern California is the best selling market for these cars, always able to pull in a good amount of money for them. So best of luck to you.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya I think smog legal would definitely help your sale, though it didn't detour me one bit from buying my car. But "i know a guy that knows a guy"

IMO Southern California is the best selling market for these cars, always able to pull in a good amount of money for them. So best of luck to you.
Thanks man. I'm sure getting it to be smog legal would help me out a lot with the sale. I'm 90% sure it would have already been sold by now had it been smog legal.

I'm hoping to find a buyer on this forum that has a friend of a friend that knows a guy and isn't worried about the smog issue because it was never a problem for me but the guys that have been interested in my car have either been really young guys who want it for the "cool" factor but don't know performance or have those type of friends, or the older guys who want it for the classic factor and like what I've done with the interior but don't want to deal with smog issues.

Anyways, I'm going to drop the price down to $12,950 and hope that I don't have to downgrade the car to get it sold.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had to give it a bump. I'm going to get it washed and get some nice cleaned up pictures up.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cant believe this thing has not sold yet wow...
Thanks. I know that it's going to take a very particular buyer to take this car off of my hands which is what I want because I want it to be taken care of after it's sold. Until then, I'm still enjoying it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.