Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$8500 obo-trade(offer me something, don't ask what I want)

The car has 194k miles but the engine, transmission, and rear end have all been done in the last 10k. It was also
repainted the factory color in 2002.

1G1BL52P9TR172866
Stealth brake bolt
3.73 stock posi rear
Clear Image tri-y Headers
Random Tech cats
Brian Herter Computer
Block .030 over Align bore and hone w/ plates.
Full balance Steel Scat stroker crank (383)
Scat H-beam rods
KB 121-020 dished pistons.
Aluminum heads, port and polish gasket matched
Brass guides
LT4 springs, retainers, locks
Moroso hardened push rods
Comp Cams guide plates
Comp Cams 1.6 full roller rockers.
LT4 "hot cam".
30 lb. Accel injectors. Motor was built for a supercharger and is good for at least 10 lbs of boost.
Clear corners
Custom grill

A link to some pictures;

http://picasaweb.google.com/deanstud/SS?feat=directlink

I liked the clean look, and left the emblems off after paint. I did replace the trunk emblem with IMO better looking caprice emblem.

I don't have any paperwork for what we did, I never intended to sell my car. I always posted here every time I did anything, but I tried a search and it looks like ALL my posts are gone-EVERY-SINGLE ONE!?!

I was hurt and haven't worked in a few years, now it is getting time to replace my wife's car, and I can't afford anything. So, I am forced to sell the SS or trade it for something more lady like.

One benefit of not working, I could deliver the car for the gas and a ticket home...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
nice car!!!!!

Price ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
My predicition....

Poof! Very nice! It should be gone before the weekend.

Pfantastic bargin!! why are there no vehicles like yours in my neck O' the woods??

Oh well, I really like wagons best anyway! :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I haven't had any interest from the board other than telling me how nice it is (thanks) I am thinking of trying out ebay.

I would welcome any pointers on listing it, as I have never listed a car and only sold a few parts years ago.

I am going op read up on it now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Since I haven't had any interest from the board other than telling me how nice it is (thanks) I am thinking of trying out ebay.

I would welcome any pointers on listing it, as I have never listed a car and only sold a few parts years ago.

I am going op read up on it now.
Gorgous GG! I have mine posted here as well, along with ebay. The only pointer I would give you is post some more "single" pics of the car- the glamour shots are great, but online buyers always want more "up close and personal" pictures-as if they were standing right there looking at it for themselves. I've sold quite a few cars online, and the most common questions I get are asking for more pictures (up to date, and up close). I try to be as honest as I possibly can as well, even if it turns a buyer off on the phone (I probably would have sold my GG by now but make it sound alot worse than it actually is on the phone!) you won't waste their time or yours for that matter! Good luck with the sale, the right buyer will come along and it looks like they will get a super nice car!

P.S. if it's been awhile since you sold online, watch out for the scammers!!!! They have allll kinds of creative stories to get your money or car!

·
Registered
357 Posts
First off grab some patience; you just listed the car here 3 days ago. WOW!

I've had a car for sale for 2 months, list it everywhere even craigslist but as the last guy said watch out for the scammers

Good luck, if my new car was sold i would be asking for close up pics of your car

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Dean,

If you'd sell it for a killer price vs what it's actually worth, you would sell it quicker.

But for now, getting a fair price is gonna be tough :( .

As mentioned, have a bit of patience........this WILL be a marathon race.....not a sprint.

Hell.....if you'd had this up about 3 weeks ago, it would've competed well against a more expensive/more highly modified car that I'm buying off another Forum member.

And THAT car was listed for sell last spring, IIRC :eek: .

Best of luck.....and hope you're feeling much better, very soon!!!

KW

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
His was a nice car. I took it as an example and priced mine accordingly. I have even lower magic numbers as to what i would accept during different mood swings of the day. Heck with my current situation there is even a magic number where I would literally sell the car to the scrap man if he would let me watch him crush it first. So no one could have her! I am probably just loosing it because I turned 40 but I never planned or even thought about loosing this car. But, I have sold off all the other toys and still haven't gotten off my ass, so here we are and I did it so whoa is me poor baby!cwm8

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
wrong color wrong color wrong color wrong color god damn it wrong color lol.

Dean i'm looking to buy another car. i don't wanna make an offer on this since it's my least favorite color but if it becomes a KILLER KILLER deal i'll overlook the color.

on another note: i've been looking at Mercury Marauders too, god damn those things lost their value fast. can pick them up pretty cheap now.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Not sure you deserve the car anyway man. Remember I wanted your caddy and you turned your nose up as if my SS wasn't worthy?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Not sure you deserve the car
i didn't know you were giving it away i thought you were selling, but if it's free then yes, "deserve" i do not.cwm2

tried calling you on your phone but no answer, you still got the same cell # from 2004?

i was singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall on your yahoo messenger last night, you must have been afk.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been pretty financially strapped for awhile. I have sold off other toys and I have not only gotten rid of the cell phones, but canceled the home phone as well. I chose to give up allot of luxuries and kept the SS. This is not a request for pitty, simply a statement of my current situation and the choices I am making.

That being said, the money I get for the car is not so important as the money I will save by not owning it any more. So, more than 'selling' it, I am letting it go. If you can understand my wacky emotions about it, you may begin to see how I could say that someone may not deserve to buy it.

I have never had a loan on the car I own it, and I paid for it and the parts I put on it, during the financially good times of my life.

It is an asset and in a bankruptcy situation it would simply be taken. I may have a unique perspective on bankruptcy, but if I have assets I am not bankrupt.

The sale of this car is an emotional one. I am of sound enough mind to realize all the logical arguments about why emotion should not be involved. It is what it is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts