Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$16,500

Well, the time has come for me to part with my car. I have another project car now and two is one too many. A little background on me first, my name is Kevin Overall and many of you may know me as being a distributor for Zaino Show Car Polish. I have been a distributor for the company for about 12 or 13 years. I am 43 years old and I have been a car detailer since I was 16. To say I am particular about the appearance of my rides would be a vast understatement. I have owned this car since 1997 and I am the first owner, I purchased this car in from a dealer after the dealer himself drove the car for the first 15,000 miles (he was a very small dealer and only got one 96 SS that year and I guess he could not resist it) After I bought it in 1997 I went right to work converting into the car you see today. I has been a show car for me about 95% of the time, has not been driven in rain or snow in the past 10 years and always stored inside my insulated garage. The car is perfect in everyway I know how to make it, drives and rides great and is very fast. I have won many titles with it including multiple first place winners at Super Chevy and first place award at the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour. I have even won best of show for paint before and the car is a stock paint job. I never ever let the car get dirty, always cleaned immediately after every drive. The paint is of an ultra high gloss with no scratches, swirls, or door dings. I would say the paint job today is way, way better than the day it was made. Right now it has 64,xxx miles.

I will try to list all the mods but I know I will forget some.

Exterior: Billet grill, smoked and smoothed caprice tail lights, windows tinted, crossed flags, lowered all the way around with Eibach springs. Billet wheels, 20 x 10 on the back and 20 x 8 on the front, the wheels and tires are both new and have less than 1,000 miles on each. The tires are Hankook Ventus. Talking over $2,000 just for the wheels and tires (has matching spare in the trunk, 20 x 10) Paint is perfect in every way, protected and shined with Zaino since 1997 No bug marks or pit anywhere on the front bumpers, the tops of the bumpers are perfect with zero fade.

Interior: Billet Specialties Chicayne steering wheel, billet dash pieces, shifter plate, sill plates, pull handles, door panels. All leather is brand new looking, no cracks, etc. The carpet is free of all stains and in ultra nice shape, I never put any feet on the carpet, always covered the Lloyds mats with rubber mats. Radio is stock, has never had any big sound systems installed.

Undercarriage: F Body front sway bar, Herb Adams rear bar, 9c1 body bushings, Buick rear brace, synthetic gear oil with correct gasket changed when I got the car, lowered springs, all normally rusted areas like steering box have been coated with POR 15, calipers and rotor hubs have been coated with ceramic paint, upgraded heavy duty idler arm Moog. Updated rear drive shaft seal installed.

Engine: Here is where it gets wild, more mods under here than I can remember, basically every thing under the hood is either chromed, polished, painted, or smoothed. Entire case of the water pump is ground smooth and hand polished as is the throttle body by Street and Performance, chrome alternator, ceramic coated alternator bracket, polished intake elbow, chrome Team SS cold air intake, MSD plug wires with NGK plugs, Clear Image ceramic headers, Custom ceramic coated export pipes (no cats), custom H pipe with dual Summit Racing Turbo mufflers that exit with polished late model Z28 tips with chromed clamps, Radiator overflow and wiper washer container painted base coat/clear black, fender liners hand polished, radiator support hand polished, many MBA billet parts including pulley covers, billet mass airflow meter, MBA trim on valve covers and radiator support, I had many custom made one off aircraft aluminum clamps for several hoses and air intakes, Accel digital ignition box, many chrome parts from Street and Performance, Corvette fuel rail covers, Corvette LT4 composite valve covers, all latches are chromed, all braces are chromed, all supports for the gill are chromed, head light covers are chrome, has high power head light harness installed, many other things I have forgot about, see pictures.

Trunk: Has the entire 5 piece Scott Williams trunk kit, matching billet spare wheel and tire.

Car comes with its own custom made California Car Cover and Hypertech programmer. It is signed in two areas by Jon Moss, under the trunk lid and on the fuel rail cover.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Good looking Caprice! First 96 i've seen where someone developed a cup holder! Not sure why they took cup holders away in 96

Why are these car forums lacking spell check. Just WOW

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
So that's what 53,492 coats of Zaino looks like! That's one shiny Caprice WX3. Kevin, if you still have the stock parts, you might be better off selling the blingery separately and returning the car back closer to original. In the current economic climate, not many folks are willing to fork-out major cash on a car they wouldn't want to drive cause it might get dirty. Geez, I bet the inside of the engine is shiny! Good luck.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So that's what 53,492 coats of Zaino looks like! That's one shiny Caprice WX3. Kevin, if you still have the stock parts, you might be better off selling the blingery separately and returning the car back closer to original. In the current economic climate, not many folks are willing to fork-out major cash on a car they wouldn't want to drive cause it might get dirty. Geez, I bet the inside of the engine is shiny! Good luck.
Thanks for the props, never been interested in stock myself. Inside the engine should be all shined up with Mobil 1 !!

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Very nice indeed, good luck with the sale on it as well. FWIW my best friend was only able to get 10,500 out of his 96 with similar mods and almost exactly the same mileage that he sold last week. But I wish you the greatest of luck with the sale though.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Good looking Caprice! First 96 i've seen where someone developed a cup holder! Not sure why they took cup holders away in 96

Why are these car forums lacking spell check. Just WOW
Newbie alert. I have the same billet cupholder in my 96 Impala SS

Good luck on the sale of your 96 Impala SS Kevin.

Clay

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Newbie alert. I have the same billet cupholder in my 96 Impala SS

Good luck on the sale of your 96 Impala SS Kevin.

Clay[/quote

For one i'm into the 95SS version.

Not a Newbie, was here before; this forum says my old nickname was no longer active since i sold my other SS and left the forum many moons ago.

i MEANT to call it a Caprice because he's dressed it up (or down) to look like a CAPRICE, took the Impala SS scrips off and dressing her down (lights etc. etc).. LOL..

Usually its guys dressing the Caprice up to look like an Impala SS

DUH to this poster..
Um ok LOL dressing it up or down to look like a caprice, because he removed the side scripts, interesting theory you have there. Sorry no other words for that post.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I removed the Impala SS logos on the back quarter as I never cared for them and they aways where catching dust and catching my polishing cloths.

I also prefer the clean smooth look of the Caprice tails vs. the grooved SS tails.

Sale is active, will accept offers and/or questions either on the board here or you can call me cell: 731-504-0284

·
Registered
357 Posts
I removed the Impala SS logos on the back quarter as I never cared for them and they aways where catching dust and catching my polishing cloths.

I also prefer the clean smooth look of the Caprice tails vs. the grooved SS tails.

Sale is active, will accept offers and/or questions either on the board here or you can call me cell: 731-504-0284
Sorry to mess up your thread, i did erase one of my posts on here.

I should know better than to write in someone's thread but had questions on what you straightened out.

Looks like one of the nicest on this forum i've seen for sale.

Good luck on the sale

·
Registered
932 Posts
Kevin, your ride looks as nice as the time I saw it in Bowling Green Ky. (Impalafest 99 I think)

I Still love the square stainless exhaust tips!

Clean then, clean now!!

Iggy

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kevin, your ride looks as nice as the time I saw it in Bowling Green Ky. (Impalafest 99 I think)

I Still love the square stainless exhaust tips!

Clean then, clean now!!

Iggy
Yes, that was a long time ago, I have done lots of work to it since then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Beautiful beautiful ! Is this car actually meant for driving ? cwm1
Anyway it is nice! :)

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Dreamin and Thinkin

Hi Kevin,

Your ride in so sweet I'm falling in love again. I just sold my original 95 SS that was my main drive for the last near 16 years.

Question: How much lower than stock is the car?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts