Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1996 Impala SS

27K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Ftbird0909 
You won't regret it.... I think

Hey guys,

Next year I will be able to buy a car at my college, I go to a service academy. I was looking to buy a '96 as my first car and have found some in great condition, a few with less then 75000 miles and around $12,000. Is this good? I am wondering how reliable these cars are, especially one as a first car. I can literally not find anything wrong with them on any website. word is they run forever. It will be almost 20 years old when I get it, are they pretty maintenance free and is this a good car to get as a first car? I am almost 6'5'' and I love everything about them and always have, nothing beats that big car with the monster V8! Thank you for all your help!
You picked an awesome first car !!!
'96 W/75K i would pay $10K no more
only cuz of the age you need to be prepared for things to need replacement.
the odometer will fade, the window rollers will come off the tracks, the fuel pump will dye, the oil and tranny cooler lines will leak and need replacing, and the water pump will give up the ghost.

This is besides tires,brakes,oil changes, etc.....

I am not trying to discourage you, this stuff can go on ANY car, so it might as well be a COOL Car :D The odds are all that stuff won't go at once anyway as it took 199K on mine to go through all that and i'm still on original tranny....;)

What color you getting ?

-ALF out....

My fav is DCM but could only find a DGGM near me, but it is the Rarest color.
I will never own a BLACK or White car....too damn hard to keep clean.:p

You didn't say what part of the country you are in.... FILL out your user profile a little bit...cwm4
AS that WILL affect the price these cars are going for....

GL
-ALF out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.