Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What installation kit can be used to put a aftermarket cd player in my roadmaster dash? What kinda speakers can be used in the doors?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I believe I have seen some threads about replacing the head unit, but can't find them.
The roadmasters with electronic climate control use circuitry in the audio head unit to dim the climate control. When you go to an aftermarket unit your climate control is on full daytime brightness all the time, which drove me nuts.
Several 90's Buick models had the same double din head unit. I pulled one from a 98 Park Avenue, it seems to have a better CD player. I have seen some Buicks with the same kind of head unit and steering wheel as ours with controls on the steering wheel - if you would consider that any kind of an upgrade.
Here is a thread about front door speakers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
that should be pretty easy to overcome by wiring into the illumination of the car. ive not tried myself but you should be able to tap the dimmer wire on the radio and hook it to climate controls.

·
Registered
934 Posts
auto zone has what you need thats were i got mine for my 95 caprice just type in harness

1 - 10 of 10 Posts