Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Capo,

According to the parts book, page 1098, the wagon uses the following front springs by code:

(6xx or 7xx on SPIL)

TN (highest rate)
TS
TM
TL
TY (lowest rate)

Wagon is listed as a 77.0 N/m application--same springs are used on FE3 & FE4 sedans plus 2 additional:

TR
TP
TN
TS
TM
TL
TY (Impala SS front spring)

What are the front spring codes on the car now, if SPIL info is legible, or spring tags are intact?

· Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Capo,

spring tags are intact?
would the spring tags be made of paper?? :D
*sigh* you southern boys are funny sometimes,..

i'll try to get the tailgate open and mebbe read the spid code,. but the body is on the ground, tailgate is from another car, (no key) so i'll have to try and add some power to the switch to try it,..

Nick

· Premium Member
3,776 Posts
would the spring tags be made of paper?? :D
*sigh* you southern boys are funny sometimes,..

i'll try to get the tailgate open and mebbe read the spid code,. but the body is on the ground, tailgate is from another car, (no key) so i'll have to try and add some power to the switch to try it,..

Nick
Shoot me the VIN and I can tell you what springs are on the car.....mebbe...

· Administrator
3,343 Posts
Nope, you remember when I bought that thing. 7 years ago. I didn't know the tag was there until I was sitting with my head in the wheelwell while bleeding the brakes. Tag's not mint, but it is still there. Besides, aftermarket springs don't have the GM code tags on them.

· Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Capo,

The springs per VIN are:

LF - 6TM

RF - 7TM

LR - 8RP

RR - 8RP

Conclusion: 1A2 uses nothing special, since the same springs are potentially used on other wagons and non-SEO sedans
Well thanks anyway,. i appreciate the help,. the pass rear spring was broken , but i wanted to use the fronts if they were heavy duty etc,..
guess i'll do the tried and true way and find some 9c1 fronts and slice them,..
Grazie,..

nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.