Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i forgot how 2 wire these- i have 2 15" woofers but 1 is a 4ohm dvc and the other is a 2ohm dvc , how can i wire these up 2 a amp thats bridged at 4ohms??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by hevychevy:
i forgot how 2 wire these- i have 2 15" woofers but 1 is a 4ohm dvc and the other is a 2ohm dvc , how can i wire these up 2 a amp thats bridged at 4ohms??
the dual 4 can be wired to 2ohms and 8ohms. and the dual 2 ohm can be wired to 1ohm and 4ohms. so either way you're not gonna have a nice impedance.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any suggestions on how i could wire them up to sound good?

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your not gonna be able to match your impedance so either way one is gonna hit harder(one w/ least resistance.) just run the 4ohm sub at 2 ohms bridged on your amp. or if it's one ohm stable run the dual 2 at one ohm.

[ 10-15-2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: USAFCaprice ]

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can anyone draw up a diagram showing how i should wire these up to the amp

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can not wire that CORRECTLY and make it sound good.

the only way to do it, is to parallel the DVC4 sub, making it 2 ohm, and leave one VC open on the DVC2 sub, forcing them both to be a 2 ohm speaker, then wiring them to the amp. (or the opposite with the DVC2 being series, and the DVC4 leaving one open)

however, you "may" cause damage to the speaker with the open VC, so i can not tell you that its a good idea.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man i wouldnt even go through the headache or time....just dont take the chance

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man i wouldnt even go through the headache or time....just dont take the chance
that's what i was trying to say but he's got the "new sub itch" hopefully one or both wont end up as toast

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what subs are they? Maybe just running one of them would satisfy you....

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am running or should i say going to run 4- 15's kicker comps 2k6 models I am sure that 1 L7 could do the job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts