S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dont you have any bigger pictures i cant see what it is

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eddie, thanks! All you Fleetwood owners or Pass key owners! This Passkey/vats is nuts! It stranded me yesterday, i thought all was well, then in stranded me today again! Playing with the ignition I finally got it to start, I had to idle 6 hours in fear if i shut off i would not be able to start back up.

Thanks again eddie.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eddie, after this mod, there is nothing connected to the steering wheel ignition, it all goes directly through the resistor pellet in a loop?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. I just invested the 15 minutes for the pics to load. So what is? All I see is a really really well taped H-pipe in the wiring.

Will this become some eventual PM for all our aging cars?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eddie, Am Im on Radioshack.com browsing the resistors. They have 1.5K and 1 OHM, and I think I saw 1M, which ones do I want.

My key measured around .07, which is 1 OHM I believe.

Do you have to soldier or can you electrical tape it on there? Im a newb.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, 1 ohm is too far off. You need to recheck the key. If I remember, your key should be between 390 ohms to 11.8k ohms. Maybe the setting on meter was off. You need to be within 10 percent of you keys ohm value. rcheck the key and get back to me.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a link with the key values. Maybe this will help you figure what value you have. web page

By the way. The reason My passkey is bypassed is because of my remote start and alarm. If thats your only means of security maybe you should look into just replacing the ignition switch.... Just a thought...

[ 01-05-2007, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: FASSTWOOD ]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im planning on getting an after market alarm installed soon. I will be all ready for the remote start then. I do not recomend Clifford alarm removes, the range is way to high, what happens Im working or doing something I come outside and my doors are unlocked and my trunk is open, lol.

Back to the ohm resistor, I will retest again. I ordered a set of keys on ebay for the car, after reading the values mine was a #3 OHM resistor value, it measured around .7 o .8, the keys I ordered worked they start the car.

How is it wired in? IM seeing like someone described, and H pipe and below it the resistor. I bought a soldiering iron kit from radio shack today, does it have to be soldierd or can it be electrical taped in? Thanks.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The "h-pipe" is where my resistor is soldered in. Yes, definately solder it in. You don't want that to not make a good contact and not start. If you have key number 3 then you need 271-1117 thats the radioshack part number its 680 ohms, right on the nose for your car...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OOhhh what's with all the auxiliary wiring? huh! it looks like a spaghetti bowl down there... :cool: we need to see pics of that caddy lit up... :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow thats cool eddie, love the strobes!

Nice vid 45-100, that car really moves!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the strobes in the Caddy, dont see that every day(well you do but you know what I mean).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts