Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, im looking for pics. of Fleetoods with either: 20"s or 22",(Stock height, or pref. lowered)
Or just lowered/bagged fleetwoods w/ stockers, NO hydraulics!!!! thanks guys

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yer gonna run 20s or 22s in MA ? whater'ya nutz ? 19's on 245/45s w monroe SSs and my fillings are falling out (not really, its ok) BUt I am considering going back the other way, 18s with some sidewall, for comfort and
coolness.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a Fleetwood on 20’s

These are 18’s with SS Spring

these are 17’s with Eibach SS lowering springs

Kenny

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the eibach SS lowering springs, could 18"s fit with no major mods? And i take it the air ride is deleted, correct? how does that ride?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 96Brougham:
With the eibach SS lowering springs, could 18"s fit with no major mods? And i take it the air ride is deleted, correct? how does that ride?
Yes the 18’s will fit with out rubbing on the Eibach’s

And yes you can keep the air ride

Kenny

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Air Ride= floaty rear suspension. One of the best things I did was to get ride of it. I just put brand new heavy duty 9C1 springs in the rear with Bilstein HD shocks. The ride is firm but not harsh by any means.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have knucles in the front springs for lift and air adjustable shocks in the rear.

[ 02-19-2007, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: cadillac94pimpin ]

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So this would be the spoken of Impala SS lowering kit made by Eibach??

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EIB%2D3837%2D140&N=700+115&autoview=sku

what else would be needed to run this kit on a Fleetwood??
Nothing; That is the very kit I’m running .. I’m not sure how it will work if you’re not going to use the air leveler, because I’m using it (see post above)

using stock shocks on rear and KYB Impala SS shocks up front only because one of my Caddy shocks was leaking ..

if you don’t use the air leveler; I think because of the extra weight of the Fleetwood; if you were careering a lot of stuff in the truck and or people in the back seat; the rear springs might sag; that’s only a guess .. I don’t know how it will work without the air leveler ..

If you have more questions ; let me know

Kenny

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i love the stance of that car..looks SO nice!! So if it drops the Impala 1.2/1, what did it drop the Fleetwood? im assuming more than that

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It will lower the Fleetwood like 3 inches or so. If you want to lower it about 2 inches and have a nice stance, make sure you get eibachs for a caprice or roadmaster. I love my Eibachs, good luck!!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm gonna hazard a WAG from the stance and wheel size and style and that you're chronologically a touch under your 50s there cadillac94pimpin.

Maybe not the old fart's cup-o-tea, but it is nonetheless a really good example of that style. I was wondering if you got a dropped pic of the same setup -- not laid on the ground just the interstate position. If so, thanks.

When I get my new computer I'm gonna take some time PSing mine with 'Sixteen Concept' wheels and rounded wheelwells.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so with the eibach drop for the SS, what size rubbers can be run?? 255/60/15 on stocks? and what size can be run for 17" or 18" rims!?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can somebody tell me what size tire theyre running with the eibach lowering kit on the fleetwood?? can get a REAL good deal on a set of 20's but dont know if theyll fit once i lower the car..

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My friend Dan (BIGBUSA) was running 255/35r20's. I think he's running 255/40r20's now.

Dan where are you? His car ain't dropped though...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can somebody tell me what size tire theyre running with the eibach lowering kit on the fleetwood?? can get a REAL good deal on a set of 20's but dont know if theyll fit once i lower the car..
The wheels on my 93 Fleetwood are the Eagle Alloys 203’s {polished} 17” X 9.5” with a 5 ½” back spacing . (they are 10 years old) with Bridgestone Potenza’s 285/40/17 .. the wheels on the wife’s 96 Fleetwood are the Eagle Alloy BOSS 304’s {Chrome} 18” X 9” with a 5 ½ “ back spacing with 255/45/18 Pirelli Scorpions tires .

Kenny

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks xxl for the reply, it helps!
so judging by your 255/45/18, on the tire height comparison thread, i could run a 255/35/20 and have it be the same overall height as your 18" tire. My question is, how does the car ride with the 45sidewall? i know a 35 is pretty much a rubber band, i dont want to lose all my ride comfort.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts