Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a boy who is in the process of getting screens in the headrest and getting a 2 Din put in his 96 impala.
So my question is, is there any clean install pictures of a 2 DIN in the dash, major modification ok since this is a custom install.
He is trying to get it flush but then he has to loose his woodgrain around the knobs.
Any links to pictures or a step in the right direction would help.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS here is the pic, still work in progress like I said to get the screen more flush and what it looks like finished.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
without getting too complex....the trim should be mounted and glued from the back. Then body filler is used to make it smooth. The head unit needs to be mounted first for the trim to be secured in the right location. Take your time and remove the factory stereo bracket that goes behind the factory unit and flush the monitor. Then go on to the trim.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by glennSS:
without getting too complex....the trim should be mounted and glued from the back. Then body filler is used to make it smooth. The head unit needs to be mounted first for the trim to be secured in the right location. Take your time and remove the factory stereo bracket that goes behind the factory unit and flush the monitor. Then go on to the trim.
thats pretty much what we did and I have that same panasonic deck... looks pretty good but not as good as 1clnss'! lol

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a pic of cassuals video install.
Cleanest install......... way to rep the bay cassual...

Check it out two posts down

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn, I'm embarrassed to post mine now... back to the drawing board..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TexaSS you Red and black huh...I saw a chevy at the shop dat hoe was clean...wasnt on blades doe...and thats a good thing ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think that is him Rod, but nevertheless I wanna see a picture. Is your climate control gonna be in the same location or what?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
96palapaxtonblown - does your panel have a glare to it or does it tilt or are you able to have it tilt or angle?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Naw I am on 22" blades with disc covers, It's still blk. For now want get paint for another month so this relays it will be blk. I want get my car back to Sat. The are doing a lot to it audio wise. I getting king kong in da trunk.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OH....Who you got doing it and how you like them as far as no BS'ing you around..

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rod, Texas's Impala is sitting in the bay at my shop as we speak. I plan on leaving the AC controls where they are, I just don't see any reason to move them unless you just want to. You still need to come check out the shop ya bum! I will try to post some pictures, before/during/after.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm installing one in a 01 Impala today,for my cousin I'll post pictures to show how it turned out....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by HACK:
Rod, Texas's Impala is sitting in the bay at my shop as we speak. I plan on leaving the AC controls where they are, I just don't see any reason to move them unless you just want to. You still need to come check out the shop ya bum! I will try to post some pictures, before/during/after.
Wow...Hack is alive :D Well one thing for sure..Texas SS will be happy with his stereo install..Scott you KNOOOW Im rollin out there sooner or later..I got to...you think cuddles still knows me hahaha...I am trying to beat your record for who's SS has been retired for the longest after BUILDING a strokker and not installing it...cause if I was a betting man..I would bet your 396 is STILL on a freakin stand..JUST like mine

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 396 Made it off the stand a couple of years ago. I just gotta "finish it up".

I got the Radio mounted and the dash cut out. I filled in the extra space on either side of the radio. There is enough room to recess the screen flush with the dash. I primed it last night and will hopefully get it sanded and painted today.

[ 03-23-2007, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: HACK ]

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No THAT's gonna look good..Hack you gotta put some pics of dat up...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts