Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 fwb and the throttle cable broke.

All the replacement cables are one piece.....

The cable that is on my ride is a two piece cable.

Where in the hell can i find the detent cable i need?

Can i rig a single piece cable to work?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
it's traction control (ghetto TC). if you ever break the tires loose you will feel the gas pedal kick up right under your foot.

B-bodies didn't get that option. only fleetwood as far as i know.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's traction control (ghetto TC). if you ever break the tires loose you will feel the gas pedal kick up right under your foot.

B-bodies didn't get that option. only fleetwood as far as i know.
Ok so how do i get my trans to work if the two piece cable is no longer available?

Can i run a tv cable from the the throttle directly to the trans?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Help anybody?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nobody has any other input at all?

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
If the sheath is still good, and you have the cable (complete end to end), you could probably have a new cable portion made. Find a place that makes cables (custom motorcycle shop) and take the entire cable and sheath to them. They can make a new cable (you need the ends for comparison, and length for correct fit) with your sheath. They may have to cut a longer premade cable to use in your sheath if they do not have bulk cable. The ends are pretty much standard, but there are a few different types. The ends are swaged onto the cable, so there aren't any weird tool needed.

There may even be someone on the internet who makes custom cables.

Your other option is to get one from a junk yard.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the sheath is still good, and you have the cable (complete end to end), you could probably have a new cable portion made. Find a place that makes cables (custom motorcycle shop) and take the entire cable and sheath to them. They can make a new cable (you need the ends for comparison, and length for correct fit) with your sheath. They may have to cut a longer premade cable to use in your sheath if they do not have bulk cable. The ends are pretty much standard, but there are a few different types. The ends are swaged onto the cable, so there aren't any weird tool needed.

There may even be someone on the internet who makes custom cables.

Your other option is to get one from a junk yard.
The end of my cable is broken. I cant find one in the junkyard so far.

Im thinkin that i can rig one directly to the throttle

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
If you can determine what shape the end was, the cable can be remade with a new cable in the old sheath. It is a swaged piece that makes a T at the end of the cable. That end of the throttle cable is the same as the cruise control cable that is attached next to it. If the end is the one to the throttle pedal, it is a tubular piece swaged to the cable end. It is the same as all B body cable ends for the pedal side of the cable. You can remove the CC cable to take with you if that is the end that is missing. Take the original throttle cable and sheath so one of the same length can be made for use in your sheath. It should cost you about $20.

There are no other cables for the B or D bodies that are adaptable to the Fleetwood.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The traction control spool was used on a number of high end GM cars, our Caddys being one of them. Don't limit your JY search to just "D" cars.

Your issue is that the commercial chassis did not come with the traction lock and use the conventional direct cables that are used on the other "B" cars. This cable is available still. Try looking up the cruise control cable as it is normally paired with the throttle cable. The trans cable was still available three months ago at my local GM dealer.

The cables are sold as follows:

Throttle cable (to throttle body) and Cruise are sold as a set.
Pedal to spool is a single (or may be paired with the trans cable on the 93)

The pedal to spool is the only one used to turn the spool
The balance are activated by the spool.

As was mentioned above, if the shrouds are still good you can usually have new cables fabbed up. Just make sure the length of the trans cable is identical to the original.

Bill

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you ever get this fixed?

Hey yes I did!! Sorry it took me ages to respond....I only get on here when it's problem or upgrade time LOL. I found a FWB in a JY and removed the cable from it....Man, it seems like when you need something you can't find it....but when you don't need it....there is hundreds of parts to choose from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts