·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
Interesting, interesting.

But, I just can't quite get past wondering just how nice a 20' long Fleetwood would have to be to be worth $33,900. Used.

Well, and it just strikes me alot like buying a $900 case to keep your $60 watch in.

Ok I'll stop.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I know Snap-on is great stuff, and expensive, but if it were filled with tools I might think it was worth that kind of money. WOW !

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
If those are without tools he is looking for current prices for old toolboxes.
Just from the trim and lock setups, those are 15+ year old boxes.
Maybe even 20 years old.

My big snap on taco wagon is 12 yrs old, has single key open and stainless trim.
Bought the hutch a couple years ago.
If I had paid retail it would been around $14K for the pair.

This months snap on flyer shows a race shop with a wall of toolboxes, they are actually all bolted together I think.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I traded a 10mm Dan Wesson 1911 for Mac box. It's filled mostly with Mac, Matco or Snap-on accumulated from local pawn shops at 25% of retail price.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1448283334.119219.jpg

I got a really good deal on the box considering it's an Impala SS Owners limited edition!

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1448283494.089940.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
This months snap on flyer shows a race shop with a wall of toolboxes, they are actually all bolted together I think.
cwm5

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
Needs more library ladder.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1448888791.670642.jpg

Really...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I really need to go into the toolbox design and fabrication business. If Snap-On isn't seeing a huge profit margin on those things, it's management team is inept.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I can't help but think he'd have an easier time selling them if he were willing to break them all up and sell individually. The pool of buyers for a massive wall-o-box like that is very small.

·
Registered
182 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts