Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,451 Posts
As long as it shifts good, and CONSISTENTLY, you're fine. The 1 year warranty covers anything that he messed up. On the other hand, I've known a disturbing number of 4L60E rebuilds that lost the 3-4 clutchpack at 30k miles. I wish they'd write a warranty specifically for that, since there's no longer any excuse for that with all the aftermarket solutions we have now.

On transmission shop competition, that is very true. Around here, every shop I know of is booked 2-4 weeks out. My favorite shop has 45 vehicles in its backlog. They do two to three a day and the line never seems to get shorter. They stopped working on manual transmissions because they got tired of waiting on parts and tying up the rebuild tables. EVERY time I was in there they'd have a T56, TR-6060 or MT82 sitting in a pile in the back corner waiting on something. They finally just said no more sticks.

·
Premium Member
1993 RMW, 1996 RMW, 1992 OCC
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ultimately, the 200-4R will go in there. It just won't be backing an LT1. I really just needed this powertrain to last me until they start salting the roads, at which point the car is going into the garage for its overhaul. Although this powertrain runs so well right now, I'm seriously considering swapping it into the OCC.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
21 - 23 of 23 Posts