Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Impala SS, and would like to know where on the web I can go to research mods for it. I love horsepower and am wanting to find ways to mod this newer generation SS.

Please Help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This site is more oriantated to the 94-96 B-Body not the W body you own. But I have owned a 2002 Impala Ls and found this site to offer lots of goodies. Not sure where there is a forum for advice tho.

Here is the site
http://www.3800performance.com/

Hope you are mechanically inclined anddon't need to much help, but those mods are straight forward. Enjoy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The SS on a W-body stands 4 SUPER SLOW! Last summer here at work a gmc envoy left me in the dust during a test drive. It only has 6 cyl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drive very very fast to the dealer and get your money back. The money you spend modding this car can go towards something fast. :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those new SS are POS's. However, aren't they stock-to-stock faster than A 96' ss? I have lost a few times to the SS 2k4 with my boxy. I beat an LS though. :D When I get my 96' Capricey going again though. I will probably hitting 13's so watch out West Palm Beach bitches.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.naisso.net/naisso/forum2002/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=24

Get there as fast as possible. You will get nothing but hate here with your 04 SS. Even though you will beat the guys talking smack with their stock b-bodies.

two easy mods for your car would be
3.4 pulley- press on pulley can be had for about 75 bucks.
FWI or CAI- fenderwell intake can be made for about $60 bucks w/ filter.

These two alone will get you consistent mid to low 14s.

EDIT: As posted already, http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/default.asp?cookieCheck=786058029 is a good site also. they have an 04 section. And remeber (if you dont know)you share alot of engine mods with the 97-03 W-body. So check out all the sections. Good Luck :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is a guy over on the NAISSO forum running mid 12's with his FWD Impala. There is hope but I'm staying with the pushing power not the pulling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha brings back memories the night i bought the car, on the way home. i raced an SS (03 i think) from a 60 rolle he jumped on me and then i saw him, and hit it. and blew past him. had it to 120 and could only see head lights in the distance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Sidebinder:
Those new SS are POS's. However, aren't they stock-to-stock faster than A 96' ss? I have lost a few times to the SS 2k4 with my boxy. I beat an LS though. :D When I get my 96' Capricey going again though. I will probably hitting 13's so watch out West Palm Beach bitches.
According to Motor Trend, they do outperform the '96 SS. Motor trend got an 04 SS to 14.7 in the quarter. Not many if any STOCK '96 SS will do that. However Motor Trend quote: "is a FWD Impala SS really an SS"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by 9c1caprice95:
haha brings back memories the night i bought the car, on the way home. i raced an SS (03 i think) from a 60 rolle he jumped on me and then i saw him, and hit it. and blew past him. had it to 120 and could only see head lights in the distance
BS! They was never an 03 SS :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by bigreencar:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 9c1caprice95:
BS! There was never an 03 SS :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If it was an 03 then it was likely an LS. Thats what I used to have and yup he would have seen only headlights as the speed governs at 108mph. I used to own a 02 befor ethe 96 and it was ok, but not powerful. But with that turbo I mentioned it would pull pretty hard me thinks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.