Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me any guidance or walk throughs for replacing the compressor on a 2007 Impala LT 3.5L (non-flex)? It siezed up last night and the repair costs are around $800 (waiting for mechanic call with firm quote). I can find the comressor used for under $100. Now I am familiar enough with A/Cs since I did do motor swaps back in the 90s and half the time disconnected the compressors from the lines and took them to a shop afterwards for evac. I then would refill with R-134.

I see on this car that the AC is in front and down below. I have not closely examined the under hood area to make a removal plan but what works? Take it out top side or bottom side? Do I need to oil this compressor upon reinstallation or do I need to have a shop refill 134 and oil it? Do I even have to have the system evac'ed or can I just fill from having a 0 pressure in the system?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Can anyone give me any guidance or walk throughs for replacing the compressor on a 2007 Impala LT 3.5L (non-flex)? It siezed up last night and the repair costs are around $800 (waiting for mechanic call with firm quote). I can find the comressor used for under $100. Now I am familiar enough with A/Cs since I did do motor swaps back in the 90s and half the time disconnected the compressors from the lines and took them to a shop afterwards for evac. I then would refill with R-134.

I see on this car that the AC is in front and down below. I have not closely examined the under hood area to make a removal plan but what works? Take it out top side or bottom side? Do I need to oil this compressor upon reinstallation or do I need to have a shop refill 134 and oil it? Do I even have to have the system evac'ed or can I just fill from having a 0 pressure in the system?
http://www.impalaforums.com/chevy-impala-8th-gen-discussion/

Guidance given.
This forum is for 91-96 b-bodies, including 94-96 Impalas. Your welcome to stick around and bask in our rear wheel drive glory if you wish!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts