Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post on here. I have been searching all over looking for answer and found none. I recently bought an ‘08 impala SS, and rebuilt the motor. I got everything done and started up and warmed up the car and when idling the low oil pressure light was coming on. I racked my brain to make sure that i did everything correctly when putting the motor together. I was checking to make sure i plugged everything in and underneath the motor on the oil pan there is a sensor unplugged and i cant remember if it was plugged in to begin with. I believe it is the oil level sensor. I replaced the oil pressure sensor when rebuilding the motor, so that should be fine. Im wondering if that sensor being unplugged could give me low oil pressure warning.

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
I'm just guessing, but your model is enough years past the W-body Impala's introduction in '99 that it may have an LS- engine, which is markedly different in all ways from the LT- engines that all B-bodied Impalas used and that ceased production in '96 - and that are the primary focus of this particular forum. Instead of hoping for someone to happen upon this thread who coincidentally also has your generation of Impala, it's going to be faster and better asking for help on the forum for your later model. Here, and good luck:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just guessing, but your model is enough years past the W-body Impala's introduction in '99 that it may have an LS- engine, which is markedly different in all ways from the LT- engines that all B-bodied Impalas used and that ceased production in '96 - and that are the primary focus of this particular forum. Instead of hoping for someone to happen upon this thread who coincidentally also has your generation of Impala, it's going to be faster and better asking for help on the forum for your later model. Here, and good luck:
Thank you very much, i wasnt sure if i was posting on the right forum but this was the only forum page i could find. Sorry!

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
No apologies needed. Good luck finding the problem. A 'secret' of many who become famously educated about their prized Impalas is an ebay copy or .pdf subscription to alldatadiy.com of their respective year's Factory Service Manual.

Reactions: Marky Dissod
1 - 4 of 4 Posts