Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
It's a little early but yes, a bunch of us that longhauled last year will be doing it again this year; impalamatt, hotpursuit, GunGuy, me, hopefully cheapspeed and probably a guy from Chicago who's not on the forum.

Sean

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
It's a little early but yes, a bunch of us that longhauled last year will be doing it again this year; impalamatt, hotpursuit, GunGuy, me, hopefully cheapspeed and probably a guy from Chicago who's not on the forum.

Sean
Yep...I'm all over it. Got the vacation time already submitted! Now...do I drive the wagon or the WX3?

There's another wagon owner that's local to me out here in the sticks of central Illinois. He's gone on previous tours and he's a forum member, but I haven't seen any posts from him lately. I'll ask him if he's in too.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Yep...I'm all over it. Got the vacation time already submitted! Now...do I drive the wagon or the WX3?

There's another wagon owner that's local to me out here in the sticks of central Illinois. He's gone on previous tours and he's a forum member, but I haven't seen any posts from him lately. I'll ask him if he's in too.
Damn yall im gonna see if I can do BG and roll the rest of the way.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If the weather is nice, I plan on making it to two of the stops with the Trans Am.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
2010 Hrpt

Vacation taken and hotels are booked for everything but the first stop. :D Now I just have to decide which car to take.......

BTW 96Fleetwood-I did two legs on the '04 Tour in the rain. I did the Racine stop in '07 and it rained all day. I did the Long Haul last year and it rained on all but two days and it was a freakin' blast!!

Jim

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes, will be doing part of the Tour or the long haul. Haven't decided yet.

Did the long haul last year and part in 08.

Met lots of great impala folks including Sean and his crew.

The start this year is about 45 miles from my house..better than starting in Bristol, TN which was the end last year.

Pat
95 BBB

·
Registered
634 Posts
I thought it would start in Bristol. Just a copuple of towns over. I want to try it but dont see it happening. Money has been tight with the construction slowdown.

Went to bristol to see the end of it and that is the place That people mentioned ISSF to me.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I haven't decided if I should take the wife or the girlfriend yet- both is a no-go because they wear me out and sleep is in short enough supply on PT as it is. Neither one would have a problem with me groping Danica again

Sean, did you still want to try to have all of "us" stay in the same hotels? Do you think if I hang a bunch of billet on Maggie's Charger that it'll be accepted, assuming that I don't get the trans swapped into the Bro' by then (we all know how well that one is accepted, even when it didn't have snow tires on it)? Maybe I'll just tell folks that the V10 and T56 wasn't quite ready to be swapped out of the mock-up car....

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
How many folks will be coming to Newton for the start?

Could start with a BBQ dinner at my house on June 4th or the 5th?

I live on the south west side of West Des Moines. About 45 miles from Newton.

Pat

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Pat, I'll mention something to the other guys that rode together last year. Will also be adding a couple of wives this year. We communicate mostly through FB so I'll let you know later.

Sean

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Will also be adding a couple of wives this year.

Sean
Uh oh. I was going to join you guys, but I'm not into that whole polygamist thing....I'll stick to multiple cars. Less hassle than multiple wives! ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'll be there for the long haul again. This year we're rolling through my hometown of Chattanooga, Tn., hell yea!

-SS

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Uh oh. I was going to join you guys, but I'm not into that whole polygamist thing....I'll stick to multiple cars. Less hassle than multiple wives! ;)
You're more than welcome to roll with us...as long as you bring the Caprice. If you're takin' that stupid Camaro, you're on your own!! What about Dwayne?

Sean

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm going for the first time this year, doing the long haul. Starting in Arizona so it's gonna be a real long haul for me.

What hotels has everyone booked? I need to get on this real soon.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
LOL! Yeah I would be riding alone if I took the Camaro again. After last year, the wife says she'll only go if we take something comfortable to ride in like the Caprice. It'll be nice to carry BOTH slicks in the trunk. :p

Dwayne will miss it this year due to lack of vacation time.......

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would love to do the long haul if $$$ is available.
I was planning on doing it in the 68 Impala wagon. I was gonna live in it for a week the most I can. It would make a nice adventure for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts