Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the Toyota commercial with the Roadmaster wagon in it with the kid coming out of school embarrassed to get in it? Drives me nuts I would rather jump in the wagon then the ugly crappy Toyota :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
Just saw it and was like WTF? lol I think toyota was confused about which one was cool. Plus the fact i got a bunch of text clowning me about my new car and the commercial.... HATERS!!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol Nick. I did do a search before posting :)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
well looking at "that" wagon and who's in it can you blame the boy?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hate those commercials. Even before the one with the Wagon, I told my wife I wanted to grab that kid and say " look punk, if your parents didn't have to buy you skinny jeans and hair gel they could probably afford a nicer car." However, I saw the wagon commercial a few nights ago, and turned to my wife and said " now I really hate that punk."

·
Registered
210 Posts
Customer Experience Center

If you'd like to discuss your experience or share your comments, Toyota's Customer Experience Center representatives are happy to assist you. Phone: 800-331-4331
Fax: 310-468-7814
Mon - Fri, 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PST
Sat, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PST

Or send correspondence to: Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
19001 South Western Ave.
Dept. WC11
Torrance, CA 90501

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just saw this commercial right now for the first time, and like some other guys here, i already hated these commercials. who the **** is this punk ass kid to tell his parents what kind of car to buy!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
There are a few good threads going around the internets about this little punk. Here's a good one from frugaldad.com. http://frugaldad.com/2010/11/05/new-toyota-commercial-reinforces-materialism/

As soon as I saw the wagon commercial today I knew you guys would be "discussing" it. I wondered if anybody knew the owner. It looks like it might have a billet grille but I'm not sure about that.

Here's the extended version if you want to get good and steamed up, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QJLO5fi2-50#!

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
I get it. We love our obscure (at this point in history) old wagons, and have already spent many years defending our choices. then here comes some jerks poking an already open wound. Of course your mad!
Now we need a vid of ken block or somebody drifting a woodgrained wagon in a circle around a Highlander. Anybody up for the challenge?

·
Registered
157 Posts
My other car is a crap Toyota, and my wagon which is far older is better in every way.
They can lash out at GM, and especially a car that dates back to 1996, the last time it was updated, and while it initially pissed me off, really, if they have to stoop and compete with a 14 - 16 year old car, then that just goes to show you who their competition is, and who they claim to be able to beat.
My 2009 Tacoma can't get out of it's own way, and can only haul half of what my 94 Caprice can hold.
It is a newer truck, and I did buy it, but for the economy runs only, really. And something that could carry stuff.
If GM brought back the rear wheel drive Caprice, it would have been that instead.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
It was on again last night and other people in my family thought I was insane when I started yelling at the TV:D

·
Registered
499 Posts
The thing that bugs me the most: the disgusting green color of the wagon.......they never came in that color, did they? You know it was done on purpose. If it was white, blue, gold, etc......it wouldn't have the right effect on the commercial. My kids (middle/high school/college) routinely get cool comments from their friends when I drive up, so we do get respect!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Pointless Commercial. Pointless Argument

Let's see a kid make that cool headfirst dive into the open window of a Tacoma.

I've no worries. When picking up my boys at school last week I had a couple of their friends tell their SUV-driving parents that they'd meet them at home so that they could get a ride home in the woody. As soon as my boys start telling me that they'd rather ride home in another car is when I'll start getting nervous.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Utter humiliation? It’s not being seen in a Roadmaster, it’s having a commercial that was meant to be clever totally backfire on you.
I was given this article about the commercial, which included a reference to another story.

There's no such thing as bad publicity. cwm7

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
I was given this article about the commercial, which included a reference to another story.

There's no such thing as bad publicity. cwm7
LOL @ Toyota. They really stepped on their dicks with that one.
Great links!

·
Super Moderator
8,898 Posts
I was in an Advance Auto parking lot over the weekend. A guy in his mid 30's with son following along behind said "hey that's the car that was in the toyota commercial! I'd take the wagon." I smiled.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I hate those commercials. Even before the one with the Wagon, I told my wife I wanted to grab that kid and say " look punk, if your parents didn't have to buy you skinny jeans and hair gel they could probably afford a nicer car." However, I saw the wagon commercial a few nights ago, and turned to my wife and said " now I really hate that punk."

I'm getting over a cold and having a bad day at work. But I had to take a minute to say this post gave me a good laugh!

Happy New Year Wagon Family

1 - 20 of 27 Posts