Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, sadly I am having to ask this and couldnt just find it on my own, but...

Who makes the widest 22" rim? I see a lot of 22x9.5 and rare 22x10 but Idealy i want a 22x12 or a 22x15... any one know of a place that has them, or makes them, or can custom make them?

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pretty much any wheel manufacturer will custom make you a wheel, just be prepared to pay for it and wait a while.

I dont know what kind of wheels you are looking for, but you can try Colorado Custom or Billet Specialties. I know they will custom make wheels in different widths. The only problem with going with a wide wheel (especially a 22" wheel) is the tire choices are severly limited. You might be able to find a low profile tire to fit on a 22x12" rim, but I seriously doubt you will be able to find a tire to fit a 22x15" wheel (and still be able to fit it under your car without a 6" suspension lift).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
22x12 and 22x15 !!!! :eek: DAYUMMMMM If you you are planning to put these on a b-body Im sure your planning for some big tubs :D I dont think anyone makes 22x12s or 22x15s and if you could have them custom made I dont think there are any tires made wide enough to fit on there properly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only tires i know of that would fit a 22x12 or larger is a 325/40R22 Nitto/Falken and these also a 345/40R22 around. those are HUGE tires and would definitely require a tub job. SSeeya

nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered my wheels for my SS and they sent 9.5 wide and told me I could go with 10" in the rear.(mines lowered 2" also)
You can go wide but lifted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah... a tub is in the works... Just wondering what the widest is made...

so I might be able to find a 22x12? hmmmm... Thanks Any idea who? or would I have to go Custom all the way...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.