Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i had my 24s on my impala another huge issue was the inside of me wheel rubbing up against my exhaust i attached some pics theres was no issue wit the right side but the left side was horribly digging into my exhaust any solutions?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Put 20s on it or go to a muffler shop and have the pipes re bent.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
"Clown Wheels" now that's funny.

But seriously it sounds like your wheels have too much back space. You could try wheel spacers, like these http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=393. But you have to make sure you have proper lug nut engagement.

Every stud must be long enough to thread into the lug nut at least equal to the stud diameter. For example, a 1/2" thread diameter must thread into the lug nut at least 1/2". Check for this problem on every stud, some studs maybe different lenghts. Less than one stud thread diameter engagement is unsafe and will cause loss of lug nut torque.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PROPER THREAD ENGAGEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL WHEELS.

The BFH solution is a pretty good idea too.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Lmao!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Make sure your rear control arm bushings aren't worn. When I got my 95, the bushings were shot and the rear end would shift forwards/backwards as power was applied. It was enough to occasionally rub the so-called "custom-bent" exhaust the previous owner had installed. If your exhaust is shifted over and/or the rear end walks around under power, you may get the occasional tire rub. This will eat a tire down to the steel belts (ask me how I found out).

·
Registered
778 Posts
Plus he's supposed to capitalize "English" anyway. Top quality posting there. [/sarcasm]

I would try asking a muffler shop about the pipe before dealing with wheel spacers, personally.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
I feel a 'post delete' coming on...

Not amused by the ass-clownery going on in this thread.

FWIW, I am an English major. If I wanted to go around correcting everyone's posts, I COULD. And it would be correct.

But I dunno, I have better things to do.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I feel a 'post delete' coming on...

Not amused by the ass-clownery going on in this thread.

FWIW, I am an English major. If I wanted to go around correcting everyone's posts, I COULD. And it would be correct.

But I dunno, I have better things to do.

Never knew that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts