Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2500 HP Impala SS

Hopefully this isn't a repost. When I saw the title of this vid on FB I thought it must have either Big John or Anders car coming out with a new combo.

Tremendous amout of detail in this new build. Hopefully you Guys know more about this Ride and can share more info. I think this is all of our track only Wet Dreams of what we wanted our Pala's to turn into. I know it is mines!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EVBiuAU5U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Power windows! :D

Thanks for the video, Chett!

Smitty gave us the heads up on this one in the "South Georgia Motorsports" thread in here.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pat! I had a feeling this Car had to be on here somewhere. Checking out Smitty's thread now.

·
Registered
522 Posts
3400 w/ driver.

Powerglide.

Shakedown run: 5.46 @ 146 1/8.

Has plenty of cowbell. :)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I can respect what the car can do, but I never understood literally ruining a good car to turn it in to a track whore. There's literally nothing identifying that car as an SS anymore other than the badges. He could have done the same thing with a 9C1. What a waste.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I can respect what the car can do, but I never understood literally ruining a good car to turn it in to a track whore. There's literally nothing identifying that car as an SS anymore other than the badges. He could have done the same thing with a 9C1. What a waste.
Who's to say it isn't a 9c1? Wouldn't take much when the car is stripped like that to clone it. Not saying that is the case here but def a possibility.

I like it.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
It was a nicer car than you realize before it became a dedicated racecar.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Who's to say it isn't a 9c1? Wouldn't take much when the car is stripped like that to clone it. Not saying that is the case here but def a possibility.
I hope it is lol

It was a nicer car than you realize before it became a dedicated racecar.
This makes me sad.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I applaud the effort it took to make this car what it is. While everyone has their opinions on whether it was a true “Impala SS” or is a clone, to me that is irrelevant. The owner “built” what he wanted and hats off to that effort.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm just curious why he would go that far, yet keep power windows and door panels. If your going to strip a drag car, strip it. Every pound counts at those kind of numbers. Especially against all of those Mustangs and other cars that already have a huge weight advantage.

Still a awesome build though. Me likes :)

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
By my calcs this is a low 8 second car. He could give SSmitty and Big John a run for their money, although Big John's car weighs 800 lbs more lol.

·
Registered
149 Posts
How do you know it was a good car to start with? Your glass always half empty?

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
How do you know it was a good car to start with? Your glass always half empty?
I knew the car and know the previous owner of the car very well. Trust me, it was a very nice car - an original 96 WX3 car. Still is too, just different. In fact, a lot of the parts on my car came from this car when it was being "demoded" for full blown race car. I saw the car stripped to an empty shell, and 1/2-2/3 of the way through this transformation. This car is a complete bad ass now, and was a super nice, modded car before. Kudos to the owners of this car. hell, I wasn't even in the market at the time, and I almost bought it before it became a tube chassis car.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I knew the car and know the previous owner of the car very well. Trust me, it was a very nice car - an original 96 WX3 car. Still is too, just different. In fact, a lot of the parts on my car came from this car when it was being "demoded" for full blown race car. I saw the car stripped to an empty shell, and 1/2-2/3 of the way through this transformation. This car is a complete bad ass now, and was a super nice, modded car before. Kudos to the owners of this car. hell, I wasn't even in the market at the time, and I almost bought it before it became a tube chassis car.
I'm glad it's a true WX3 car! Makes me happy. I love it. Plenty of WX3's out there, let's do more of these!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
^^^^ I agree. Who the heck wants to spend 40k for a chassis and hang a POS body on it. Most racers like to have really nice stuff. To suggest he not start with the best is ludicrous. If you've never done a John Force burnout or sat in a black car in 100 degree + heat with a complete fire suit on, then you probably don't understand the leaving the power windows in :)

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Coming from a guy without a true SS I don't think you have much to say.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well since I made a duplicate post and vid of this BADASS TT Pala, how about a recent pass in the Caddy on Welds. Best MPH but could not get NPB on ET.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
There were almost 70k Impalas built over the 3 years. Plenty of cars on here have had their SS-identifying features removed (badges, wheels, etc), too. Who really cares? They aren't rare cars.

Would you have rather it been run into the ground and sent to a scrapyard?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.