Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tires on these rims have less than 1000 miles on them some of the letters are still blue. Wheels in excellent shape with tons of meat on them. Would be great for your bbody with winter coming up. Asking 400 obo would like to sell local but pm me about shipping if your that interested. Also would consider trades for stock impala ss wheels,a lagness spoiler,or a 1994 4l60e. let me know what u have thanx

Heres how they looked on my car:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I think you meant 255/60-15's. Not really a good winter choice for anyone that does get snow though. Too wide and they aren't very grippy on cold wet roads. Great spring/summer tires, and definitely a great price.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
We might have to talk Jay...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think you meant 255/60-15's. Not really a good winter choice for anyone that does get snow though. Too wide and they aren't very grippy on cold wet roads. Great spring/summer tires, and definitely a great price.
I live in the northern half of illinois, and I've been running 'em year round for about 5 years, they aren't half bad actually. I dont have any problems unless the snow piles up over 6 inches or its straight ice out.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I live in the northern half of illinois, and I've been running 'em year round for about 5 years, they aren't half bad actually. I dont have any problems unless the snow piles up over 6 inches or its straight ice out.
You're lucky then. I ran 225/70 indy 500's one winter, braking was fine but couldn't get traction to get moving and handling if there was even a hint of ice was terrible. With the Indy 500 295/50's in the rear (I broke out the summer car in early fall a couple times, and once got hit with snow before I could head home) it was downright scary. Of course, being on a peninsula into Lake Ontario means more icy conditions then a lot of other locations, so you have to consider where you live if you're looking at wider warm weather tires for your winter tire. Just keep in mind that even Firestone rates the Indy 500 as a poor tire for winter conditions.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're lucky then. I ran 225/70 indy 500's one winter, braking was fine but couldn't get traction to get moving and handling if there was even a hint of ice was terrible. With the Indy 500 295/50's in the rear (I broke out the summer car in early fall a couple times, and once got hit with snow before I could head home) it was downright scary. Of course, being on a peninsula into Lake Ontario means more icy conditions then a lot of other locations, so you have to consider where you live if you're looking at wider warm weather tires for your winter tire. Just keep in mind that even Firestone rates the Indy 500 as a poor tire for winter conditions.
Thanx for expressing your opinions in this thread. Now a bump for INTERESTED buyers? Steve ill be up later

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
i think they are looking at the fact that you are charging an almost brand new price for used tires. regardless of how little you may have used them, to some people used is used and they won't bite for a high price. just adding my thought as to why there is such a huge debate over the sale.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think they are looking at the fact that you are charging an almost brand new price for used tires. regardless of how little you may have used them, to some people used is used and they won't bite for a high price. just adding my thought as to why there is such a huge debate over the sale.
i sold them the same day for the price i asked:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts