Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time again, I need new tread and I am wondering if I can fit the 275/40 17 on the front (stock rims) without rubbing? I have Eibach Springs, so its lowered a bit. I'm pretty sure they will fit the rims and work on the back, but am not sure on the front (I would like to still be able to rotate them)? Also, are the Protenza RE730 the best bang for the buck?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have 275/40/17 all the way around no problem. Going with 285/40/17 Bridgestone's next time.
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been running 275/40-17s on my 1996 Impala SS for over 5 years . . First with Goodyear GS-C's, then with Goodyear F-1 Steels and now Goodyear F-1 GS. I like the width and handling of the 275/40s much better than stock, but they do not fill the wheelwell visually like the 255/50s did.
Every tire manufacturer, it seems, rates their tires differently in respect to both sizing and performance. (ie Firestone SZ-50s are rated small - 285/40-17 is narrower than Goodyear GS-C 275/40-17)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4DRHTRD- Will 285/40 17 will fit on the front? And Mike I do plan on making it out to the track one of these days (there is just not enough hours in the day.... between my 4 month old, work, my cam install, getting my new house built :eek: :eek: :eek: By the way have you ran into Mitch (95SS)at the track yet? he's a young kid I work with?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
285/40/17 will definitely fit up front no problem. I have run into Mitch, he's even been to my house for MOD day. He's the only guy in the club running Nitrous. Have you joined AZISSO yet? Send an email to [email protected] so we can add you to the club.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.