Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if 275x50x17 or 275x45x17 will work on our factory 17 inch wheels & post some pics if you have them

CJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
275-40-17 are very popular.
The tires you are talking about are taller tires than stock, which usually people dont want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMHO the 275/50 look like ass on these cars. They're fine for a truck, but look obscene on the b-body.

I'm running the 275/40 right now, and love em!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by CJ Vega:
was wondering if 275x50x17 or 275x45x17 will work on our factory 17 inch wheels & post some pics if you have them

CJ
What tires are you talking about? Are they truck tires?

I've seen lots of choices in 275/40/17. That's the size I run. I don't recall anyone making a 275 with a 45 or 50 aspect ratio.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
275/40's here too. I'm getting ready to go to 285/40's. They look good on a stock wheel. Even better on stock size ROH's. We'll see how 285's look on 9.5" ROH's as soon as that GP comes through!

I've seen 275/50 17's and they look way too tall. I've never heard of 275/45's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by eagle-co94:
....I'm getting ready to go to 285/40's.....We'll see how 285's look on 9.5" ROH's as soon as that GP comes through!....
They'll look bitchin' :D :D !!

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by eagle-co94:
We'll see how 285's look on 9.5" ROH's as soon as that GP comes through!
You will like the look. I'm running 285/40/17 Kumho MXs on 9.5" Forgeline RS wheels. It looks great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also if anyone knows a good shop to reclear wheels for cheap in the Chicago area I am looking

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got 285/40ZR-17 Potenza RE730's on mine and get compliments on them all the time. They really do look great on the car and I have no issues with rubbing or anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi all this is good info BUT what Suspension are you guys running with your wheel&tire comboS?? It makes a big difference.Just my.02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by caprice96:
would 295/40/17 fit the ss rims?
Even IF they fit, which I don't think they will, I don't think that is considered safe around here, but I might be wrong.
Either way, don't do it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Grimpala:
IMHO the 275/50 look like ass on these cars. They're fine for a truck, but look obscene on the b-body.

I'm running the 275/40 right now, and love em!
Ouch!
I don't think they are THAT bad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
would 295/40/17 fit the ss rims?
Who makes 295/40/17's :confused: ??

Answer: No one :( as far as I know.

295 width tires are too large for 8" rims unless you like livin' life on the edge; 9 1/2" rims would handle it though.

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks KW i swear ive seen that size before tho i will just run the 275/40's they are wide i think

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i swear ive seen that size before tho i will just run the 275/40's they are wide i think
The only 295/40/17's I've seen are competition tires....motorcross I think....the Kumho V710's. Though they would be street legal, you're talkin' maybe 3000 miles before wear out. I assumed (bad...I know :( ) that this did not fit your needs/wants....

Otherwise....I know of no other

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by KW Baraka:
They'll look bitchin' :D :D !!

KW
Thanks for that KW and LeadSSled.

As for my suspension I'm running Hotchkis swaybars and LCA's. I've still got to put my uppers in. I'm running stock springs, but might go to Hotchkis springs soon. I'm pretty low already though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.