Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to have 255/35/20's all the way around on my last set of 20s. With my new set I would like to get 285/30/20s on all 4 corners. I have eibach springs... will I get any scrubbige? Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Probably up front....at least that was my experiance with 275/ width tires.

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine only rub the frame and sway bar when it turn it lock to lock. No damage to the tires...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey man sweet ride. are you able to drive up and down on the highway with them 20's on there? i got a set and i am scared to put my **** on the highway. holla back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
20's in the ATL????
On a side note, I run 285/30r22's dropped and tucking with NO RUBBING even during u-turns.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by bustn:
20's in the ATL????
On a side note, I run 285/30r22's dropped and tucking with NO RUBBING even during u-turns.
Its your fault Mr. Pricey! :D J/p .... All I know is these 15" 9c1's are hurtin my eyes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got 285/30/20's on 2 cars. One96 Impala SS with cut springs which are basically riding on the stops.... got some Hotchkis springs here just need to put the m in. They are on 20x10's with a 6" back. They rub on full lock but not bad at all.

Got the same tires on a 94 Wagon with lowering springs (not sure what kind) on 20x10's with a 6.25" back spacing and they rub more. The extra .25 makes a big difference but I needed it to clear the outer edge of the wheel well on big dips.

It is a pain in the butt with the rubbing especially since menuvering these things are a chore to start with in tight spaces and U-turns.

Price to pay for big tires but heck I am happy with both setups. Will post picts once I figure how.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.